Thread: Gov (re)appoints Vince Webster and Tom Kluberton to BOF

Default Gov (re)appoints Vince Webster and Tom Kluberton to BOF

http://gov.alaska.gov/parnell/press-...e.html?pr=5315

April 1, 2010, Juneau, Alaska - Governor Sean Parnell yesterday reappointed Claude “Vince” Webster of King Salmon and appointed Thomas G. Kluberton of Talkeetna to the state Board of Fisheries.

The seven-member Board of Fisheries is responsible for conservation and development of the state’s fishery resources by setting seasons, bag limits, methods and means for the state’s subsistence, commercial, sport, guided sport, and personal use fisheries. The board sets fishery management policy, and makes the allocation decisions which the Department of Fish and Game must carry out through its management of fishery resources. Appointees are subject to legislative confirmation.

Webster is finishing his first term on the Board of Fisheries, and is the current board chair. He is a set gillnetter in the Kvichak district in Bristol Bay, and a drift gillnet fisherman in the Naknek district. Webster is also an engineering equipment operator for the National Park Service, and previously worked as facilities and maintenance director for the Lake & Peninsula Borough School District.

Kluberton is the innkeeper at Fireweed Station Inn near Talkeetna. He served as a member of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough Assembly from 2006-09, and served on the borough mayor’s Blue Ribbon Sportsman’s Committee during that time. Kluberton was co-owner of K&K Service & Rental, and director of market research for Netsys Technologies Inc. He also worked as an information systems and management consultant for the State of Alaska.

The remaining vacancy on the Board of Fisheries, created by the resignation of Janet Woods on March 26, 2010, will be filled within 30 days as required by statute.

###

Default Mr. Fish...

I just got off the fishery management thread after posting the same information. Should have known you would beat me to it
    Didn't see your thread so don't sue me for trying to steal the Thunder!!!
    By the way, is that saying from the God Zuess? Locke and the rest of the gang? Don't know where I picked up that saying?? Go Figure!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Whop...you've gone and done it...now I gotta toss a few lightning bolts at ya ;-)

Whaddya know about the new guy? A bunch of folks have been asking me about him all day and all I know is what I saw in the press release...

MrFish- Hopefully we will be able to hear from the horse's mouth. I don't know Tom well, just from sitting through a few meetings with him. I can say with a fair amount of certainty that he believes strongly that the Board should follow the Sustainable Salmon Management Policy, and he knows well the economic impact of various fisheries to communities dependant upon those fisheries.

Don't know Tom either but am very glad the Gov reappointed Vince Webster.....he is a commercial fisherman who is willing to listen and consider the needs of other groups - he has been a good chairman.