Thread: Knock-point creeps up

Default Knock-point creeps up

I was out shooting for first time this spring and noticed my knock point had crept up. I took it off and crimped on a new one, after about 30 shots, this one crept up about 2mm as well. Any help on why it's doing it? It seems to be crimped on as tight as it can be.
    Thanks

New(er) string and single cam bow?

How did you determine the nock point that keeps slipping? Bubble levels or that blue L-shaped ruler doohickie?

My point is that it seems your bow is seeking something closer to center, so you may have been nock-low and it doesn't like that...?

Is your shaft center of berger hole when your rest is in the drawn position?

Taylor

-[]--------->

Check and make sure your wound serving is not loose or broken somewhere...I had that happen last summer. The nock kept moving up because the serving had broke and the whole thing was slipping up the drawstring...just a thought..

Thumbs up

Get rid of the knock and go with just a string loop. I haven't had a crimp-style knock in 7 years and have had no problems with my anchor point creeping at all, ever....I shoot literally over a 1000 shots throughout a year (little to some, alot to others), but anyways, give it a try... I think it works great.

add a 2nd nock.... if you got two above already...and you're release is still sliding up to the arrow, add another nock below just a skosh.

why is it doing it? Is your string angle high? shooting with a high elbow? Could be torqing badlywith the high elbow....though not likely enough to move it. Who knows.

If shoot with a release +1 to the string loop!! Also make sure have proper size nock, they come in different size for thickness of the string or serving.Could also get it set and tie or wrap a pc, of serving just above it, drop of super glue.

I recommend not using a brass nock. determine the correct nock point. and tie on the nock point with serving. to do this basically tie a half hitch, then wrap the serving to the opposite side of the string and tie another half hitch, repeat this about 6 times. finish it off on the last one with a double knot and melt the loose ends with a lighter. then tie on a D loop if shooting a release.

I think your center serving must be loose if your nock point is moving, either that or it isnt crimped on right, or isnt the right size, but i bet it has something to do with the serving.

[QUOTE=swampdonkey;702173]Get rid of the knock and go with just a string loop.
    Good idea but you loose approx 15 fps. Some folks don't care about the speed, some do. one really good thing about the loop....If you shoot alot, you don't have to reserve your string alot. I reserve mine several times a year.
    If your serving is in good shape then I'd follow Trad's suggestion and add a nock. My wheelbow is very short and heavy poundage....it has the same problem. By using a second nock it stopped the creaping issue.
    Good Luck
    Sarge
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

[QUOTE=sarge;709808]
    Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    Get rid of the knock and go with just a string loop.
    Good idea but you loose approx 15 fps. Some folks don't care about the speed, some do. one really good thing about the loop....If you shoot alot, you don't have to reserve your string alot. I reserve mine several times a year.
    If your serving is in good shape then I'd follow Trad's suggestion and add a nock. My wheelbow is very short and heavy poundage....it has the same problem. By using a second nock it stopped the creaping issue.
    Good Luck
    Sarge
    are you saying you loose 15 fps by using a D-loop??? if so im not sure where you got that info but it isnt true. you may loose 1-2 fps by using a D-loop.

[QUOTE=AKbowhunter;710051]
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge View Post
    are you saying you loose 15 fps by using a D-loop??? if so im not sure where you got that info but it isnt true. you may loose 1-2 fps by using a D-loop.
    1-2 fps loss was what I've heard as well.

I was at a pro-shop a number of years ago where they were testing this very thing. They tested a number of bows (all big name bows) and they all lost approximately 15 fps. Regardless of tying a loop or using the metal 'D' loop.
    As the bows have changed so much in the last few years maybe it's no longer an such.
    Regards
    Sarge
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkey View Post
    Get rid of the knock and go with just a string loop. I haven't had a crimp-style knock in 7 years and have had no problems with my anchor point creeping at all, ever....I shoot literally over a 1000 shots throughout a year (little to some, alot to others), but anyways, give it a try... I think it works great.
    First thing I thought of too...why not a string loop? It's been a while since I've even seen a bow with a regular knocking point.

But you could always tie some serving thread above and below the knocking point to keep it from moving though.

Heck, I'm still shooting wood arrows, aint nothing wrong with brass nocks if you want to use them!!!

I do tie mine on with serving material though.

Speedloss? Who really cares, even the fastest of bows in the grand scheme of things isnt very fast.