Thread: kenai lake charts

Default kenai lake charts

anyone ever seen a bathymetric chart for kenai lake? anyone know where I could get one? thanks!

Fish and Wildlife has bathy maps of all the lakes on the Refuge, but I've found nothing for Kenai lake. Sorry, no help here. Along the same lines, I have been looking for a good bathy chart of the Homer/Seldovia area. NOAA doesn't seem to have one, but on their map finder they list a USGS map # AK-2320 as a bathy/fishing map. Only problem is that I can't find that map anywhere on the NOAA or USGS sites. You'd think that they could make their websites a little less complicated...

There's a pretty good map store at the USGS office in Anchorage. I've found good maps at university map stores as well as libraries. You might go by one of those places and ask them.

I looked around last year and found nothing for Kenai Lake. If you find one would you please post where you got it from? Thanks!
    BTW, anyone know if the lake is open yet? A month ago I drove by it and it looked pretty rotten with the edges receded back about 10 feet

If there is a chart you can bet the Map store net to the bank Across the street from Fred Meyers in Soldotna would have it.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    BTW, anyone know if the lake is open yet? A month ago I drove by it and it looked pretty rotten with the edges receded back about 10 feet
    As of last Sunday the Cooper Landing side of the Lake was 50/50 open vs ice...
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default thanks!

thanks for all the replies. will post when/if I find anything.

as of today, kenai lake is open from Crown Pt to Trail River Campground and out to Porcupine Is... iced up still on the Primrose and Cooper Landing ends.

Call F&G in Soldotna. It's not real detailed, but they did have a bath map of Kenai Lake in their lakes file cabinet.