Thread: Left-handed .375

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Default Left-handed .375

I am looking into purchasing a .375. I've lived here my entire life and have killed all of my moose and bear with a 30.06, but I want more knock-down power (plus a new rifle...) and I've decided on a .375. I've heard good things about the ruger .375 Alaskan, but my problem is I'm left-handed and they don't make a left-handed model. I'm looking to spend around $1,000. Any information will be appreciated.

Remember seeing this one a few days ago. Don't know anything about it other than it fits what you said you were looking for.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=76107

Steve

Default ruger

yea ruger makes a left hand 375!

Last time I was on Alaskaslist.com there was a left handed 375 but I can't remember what brand/model...

I jsut checked alaskaslist.com adn they are both $2K or more, sorry to get your hopes up...

try budsgunshop they got browning abolts under1000

I've been drroling over this on but can't swing the cash right now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=163225896

I am a lefty also

I have m70's and m700's in left hand

Get the Lefty Ruger African 375 and put a McMillian Stock on it.

Not Stainless but that is why there is grease and oil. Lefties can usally remember to keep the guns oiled and not put them away wet.

I am planning on doing this exact thing in the near future. I do not care for the Hogue Stock.

Default options

Ruger did make a few LH stainless .375 Rugers w/ a 20" bbl and laminated stock. They sold for about $625. The guy who bought up most of the stock now thinks they're worth $1100-1200. These are the ones on Gunbroker and GunsAmerica.

Ruger does make the "African" version (23" bbl, walnut, blued steel.) They should be in the $800 range.

Most others will probably be higher. There are a few that come around now and then, so keep your eyes open.

I've considered re-barreling a .300 or .338 Win Mag to .375 Ruger.
    Drink indigenous.

Was in your exact shoes 4 years ago. I bought the left handed browning a-bolt stainless stalker and matched it with a Leupold vx-3 1.75-6x32mm scope with detachable rings. I absolutely love the gun and the caliber. Its taken 3 moose, a caribou and most recently an ox. It obviously kills and does so quickly. What I really love is how little meat damage is done vs. my .300 win mag. I've only shot the Federal Premium 300 grain Barnes TSX in mine and the gun loves em. My only regret is getting the BOSS system.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by sockeye1 View Post
    I am looking into purchasing a .375. I've lived here my entire life and have killed all of my moose and bear with a 30.06, but I want more knock-down power (plus a new rifle...) and I've decided on a .375. I've heard good things about the ruger .375 Alaskan, but my problem is I'm left-handed and they don't make a left-handed model. I'm looking to spend around $1,000. Any information will be appreciated.

Stainless Brownings be cheaper than that