Thread: Important Alaska Bill for Self Defense

Los Anchorage

Default Important Alaska Bill for Self Defense

I know there is a 2A section, but dont think it gets the day to day traffic that a local bill such as this warrants for consideration, and, this bill isn't "exactly" a 2A one either. If it absolutely must be posted in the 2A section and I was wrong to post it here, please forgive me & go ahead and move it. (fingers crossed hoping lots of guys read it before you move it! )

(from the NRA-ILA website):

Important Alaska Self-Defense Reform Needs Your Help!

Please Contact Your State Legislators!

House Bill 381, an important self-defense reform measure, is currently on the move in Juneau. With just three weeks in the legislative session remaining, it is imperative that you stand up and make your voice heard in support of this legislation.

Simply stated, HB381, introduced by State Representative Mark Neuman (R-15), would remove the duty to retreat in Alaska. Under this bill, Alaskans would have the right to use force, including deadly force, for self-defense anywhere they have a right to be.

Please contact your State Representative and your State Senator TODAY and respectfully urge them to support HB381.

Anchorage, AK

Bump. Great post. Thank you.

Soldotna, ALASKA since '78

Based on the "D" composition of the state legislature and a couple "R" tags that might as well be a "D", I don't have much faith that common sense measures like this will survive. Heck, they just rejected a bill that would have tied the expiration date of the state driver's license to the expiration date of the visa for legal aliens. And you can't get any more common sense than that one. Though I guess we can't really talk about that stuff anymore...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Bill will be moot when Heller is incorporated as that was enumerated as a right there...

Southwest Alaska

There is no implied "retreat" necessary for use of deadly force. Read the law in the law books. If you feel you are facing a threat of grave bodily injury or death, or someone else is, you can use force, up to and including deadly force, to counter that threat.

It is real plain.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...