Thread: Change the permit release date

Default Change the permit release date

Here is how we can change the permit lottery release date. Contact the Alaska Governor's office via the web site and send an email or make a phone call voicing your opinion/complaint, he is the ultimate top boss over AF&G and he/she is an elected official by us (the people). Don't waste your response to this thread, go to the Alaska governor's web site and type an email. If he cares he'll have the right people straightening it out, and the date will get pushed up. If he doesn't care, well were all registered voters (bottom-line).

Default Sean Parnell

Will turn around and send any messaged to the Commisioner of AF&G for him to handle. He really does have more to do then to listen to people complain about the permits taking an extra week to get out.

I would prefer they just send them out a month before the hunt open date.

Alaskanmutt, sounds like you work or have something to do with the Gov's office knowing they will forward it without concern. I voted for SP for Lt Gov., now he's to busy for me. I am glad to know this!!!!

My complaint is not about it taking another week or two, it's the way it was handled, and people being effected.

an earlier post ..."Truly a shame! It's a computerized program, they were able to release Kodiak spring bear almost 6 weeks ago (same data input as everyone else). With Mat-su show going on this weekend I would not like it as a vendor, knowing people might hold back on a purchase. It was also interesting at banquets this winter hearing people say, ..."I would bid on this hunt if I knew I wasn't going to get a permit" (don't you think it hurt some fun rasiers). This might have or have not driven up the bidding for good causes.

When AK hunters get a permit or not we stimulate the Alaska business (we spend money period). Buying new ATV's, backpacks, guns, clothing, etc... . It may as well effect other economic areas also, but enough said!
    Waiting till the last day to release the permits is "SIMPLY BAD FOR ALASKA BUSINESS".

people have to forecast vacation time at work

..."AF&G telling people on the phone calls, the end of March"

The Great AK sport show vendors can't be to happy.

I'm sure the delay is some excuse about bioligest not having the numbers, hey if we weren't prepared to go to the one application period, then AF&G should have waited on this system.

I would never decide my vote for govenor based on this single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I would prefer they just send them out a month before the hunt open date.
    Ahmen to that brother! No matter what "date" they pick, no matter if they released them on the gnats ass second of what they chose, people would still piss and moan. Because someone, somewhere can't grow a set and just call it life...............

Lighten up a bit......!

Their may be some level of incompetence involved but if this is THE crisis of your life, you have a problem.

What if there is another 9/11 type incident and aircraft are grounded and you can't get flown to your hunt....?.....impeach the President [BTW, not a bad idea] ?????

The real problem here is the administration of the drawing hunts is done by ADF&G.....It is a lottery and ADF&G employees are allowed to participate.....there is always the perception of skullduggery. Third party administration isneeded and get rid of the "random generator" computerized draw......get back to having a Girl Scout draw from a fish bowl in a public forum.....ON SCHEDULE!

Sending emails and makeing phone calls isnt going to do anything, the release date is a little over a week away. All that will do is end up delaying the results.

Back in 2007 I won a Tier II caribou tag for unit 13. Someone somewhere didnt like the results because he didnt get drawn based on the fact he made to much $$$$$. So it went to court and the whole thing was re-drawn. I lost my tag, I thought it was unfair so I called fish and game to complain, they told me in a nut shell "to bad so sad". Your complaints will fall on deaf ears with ADF&G.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    Third party administration isneeded and get rid of the "random generator" computerized draw......get back to having a Girl Scout draw from a fish bowl in a public forum.....ON SCHEDULE!
    I agree. Because then we can bribe the little girl doing the drawings....
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!