Thread: kenai RV campground?

Question kenai RV campground?

Looking for some recommendations for rv campings spots for king fishing the kenai area in the middle of june. Any info and insights would be appreciated.

Thumbs up Bing Brown's in Sterling.

Try them. They're just a few minutes from Soldotna and better priced typically. They have a small grocery store, liquor store, laundry, fish cleaning area, ice and is 2 minutes up the street from a gas station. They're on the RIGHT as your coming in from the Seward Hwy "Y". Just past Bings Landing campground/boat launch/bank fishing road by about 1/4 mile. If you pass the Tesoro, Moosequitos or the Moose river, then you passed it. There's a green building with a burl by the driveway. My friends drive up from Oregon every summer and stay the whole 3 months there. They love it...2 years ago I was there for a 4th of July party hosted by the owners, everyone was invited. All I can say is ya should've been there. Holy crap what a party!!

Centennial, Swiftwater, and Riverbend.

Default nice but

Quote Originally Posted by qkayak View Post
    Centennial, Swiftwater, and Riverbend.
    Can you be a little more specific about where these are and what they have available, which might be better than the other. thanks.

Centennial and Swiftwater are the City of Soldotna run campgrounds and decent places to park youir RV. They are right on the river and have some good places to fish from along the bank, but they are first come first served and often are full at the busy times of the year.

Riverbend is privately owned and I haven't stayed there for a long time, so can't comment on how good or bad it is. I would imagine they have a website if you do a Google search for "campgrounds Soldotna".

Yes, what Muttley said.

Riverbend has been taking care of me and my crew every summer since 1988.

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Iva's Place @ the end of Knight Drive off of the Kenai spur highway. Right on the river.