Thread: How to you think it will play on light gear?

Default How to you think it will play on light gear?

If you click on the link and vomit on your 'puter it ain't my fault. Go blame that new guy AkRay.

GM trout

I don't really know what to say about this. I eat a lot of fish and think it is very good for you. I consider it a healthy food as well. That fish I would not think of eating. However I am not suprised that someone is screwing with the fish too. Looks like they could find a better use of their time.

Default It's not casual...

Observing, interacting, and evaluating fish genetics and fish farming is not a casual armchair task for any sportsman.

I have been to seminars, debates, and conferences in the quest of examining both sides of the equation.

Several things are for sure; wild stocks are depleting, demand is increasing, and genetic engineers are looking for solutions.

I advocate nothing more than to observe the issues, and I still have no opinion as to what is right and what is wrong in bilogical management.

It's quite the coin, now flipped and tossed our way...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    Several things are for sure; wild stocks are depleting, demand is increasing, and genetic engineers are looking for solutions.
    Although it could probably be argued in some areas that loss of habitat and other environmental factor have had larger impacts, I'd say that fish stocking/ fish farming/ aquaculture has done more to deplete wild stocks than just about anything. And it has been shown numerous times that stocking fish often results in fewer fish overall within a water system. This is just another misguided step in the wrong direction.

If you want to gain some perspective on the history of fish stocking, fisheries management, and genetic tampering, get the book An Entirely Synthetic Fish by Anders Halverson.
    http://andershalverson.com/home

Fish stocking is not the solution.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Default Out of the water, completely...

When you utilize rearing on the ground, and in tanks, and never, and I repeat never, subject the reared contents to any intrusion into natual waters whatsoever, you have a winner.

It's already been done with sole in Europe.

That's the kind of aquaculture I admire...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    When you utilize rearing on the ground, and in tanks, and never, and I repeat never, subject the reared contents to any intrusion into natual waters whatsoever, you have a winner.

It's already been done with sole in Europe.

That's the kind of aquaculture I admire...
    Well said, and I can agree with that.

I wasn't trying to single you out for debate in the post above... just using that one statement to make a point.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.