Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: moose being chased by boat. very wrong.

Default moose being chased by boat. very wrong.

Check this video out on utube. Pisses me off whats wrong with kids these days....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3K8TU855Y

Angry Wow...

Aren't there laws stating that you cannot harrass animals with motorized vehicles? I love seeing wildlife as much as the next guy but not in such an @$$#%*^ way... Respect for the outdoors is sometimes lost even in these kids instance...you can obviously tell they aren't city slickers that know no better.

AZinAK

Angry

Bunch of low life chicken s..ts. I'd love nothing more than to watch a trooper come up and ticket them and impound their boat.... then give em a right hook right across the nose. Punks.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Wow

You guys are real animal rights activists. When out boating proper ettiquette is to chop power immediately upon sighting game and drift until said game is out of sight that is news to me. Is that on all waterways or just tight ones. Usually a moose will climb out of the waterway upon the approach of a boat not run up river. I believe these boys mentioned that. I don't see any intentional harassment there. Cool video though. Comments such as these are off base I believe

pike_palace Bunch of low life chicken s..ts. I'd love nothing more than to watch a trooper come up and ticket them and impound their boat.... then give em a right hook right across the nose. Punks.
    akmike30 very wrong.
    AZinAK Respect for the outdoors is sometimes lost even in these kids instance...you can obviously tell they aren't city slickers
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.
    - General George S. Patton

I would have to agree with Sled Hands... I didn't see much wrong here. The guys were suprised the moose were suprised and the guys figured they could ride right by them but it just didn't happen and then they stopped and watched the moose run up and out of the river. Seems pretty picky to criticize these guys to me.

Wow. I saw a whole line of cars on the Glenn harassing a moose this morning. That poor moose must have been near having a heart attack. All those commuters should have stopped their car and waited until that poor moose finished gazing around.

A trooper should come along and confiscate every car that drove by that scared moose, then kicked the dumbarses squarely in the testiculars.

The nerve of those people to drive while there was a moose near the road.

Come to think of it, we should confiscate any vehicle that strikes a moose for not respecting the moose's property rights.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Nice scenery, looks like a fun river to run. You might even see a moose or two along the way.

I can't think of how many boats I've seen over the years gun it when they see a flock of ducks, is that much different? If anything those kids did the moose a favor and made them scared of boats and the noise associated with them, so they will be all the smarter come hunting season.

The part I didn't like is when they said they wanted to go find them and chase them down again. That is where they crossed the line. Kids will be kids though, and if Fish and Game gets ahold of the link, and tracks them down, they could be in for a wildlife harrassment fine. I'd think the wildlife troopers have better things to do though.

Default close

I would have to say this is more of one of those border line things. Could they have slowed down earlier, yes. Would they have lost plane and been in a trouble spot, maybe. Did they go looking for them again? Too easy to monday night QB this thing. I do think that they could have handled it better.

Default Who cares!!!

One thing that they did right was to stop before the young moose joined them in the boat!
    I would have to agree that going to look for them might have crossed the line but still, I'm guessing they were out having fun and guys will be guys.
    I would like to mention that I didn't see one beer can in the hands of the gentlmen or on the floor boards.
    Just a good reminder to all of us that Video's can and will get out! So be carefull what you record and what and who gets a copy.
    Wish I was with them looks like a nice spring day!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

That video is wrong on many levels. It's considered harassment when you intentionally go after them and seek them out the second time.
    What would have happened had that cow twisted its leg and broke it running up the river trying to get away from these kids? Not just once, but twice?
    It's no different than allowing your dogs to chase moose and harass them. In my neck of the woods dogs that harass moose are shot on sight, including my own if that were to happen.

And to think, we as humans are supposed to be the smarter ones.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Second time

I don't believe they were seeking them a second time, the kid knows the river and said they would run into them again Becaaaause the river came back around which it did and they did see them again no intentional harassment in knowing your environment.

Why would you shoot your dog for chasing a moose kind of a natural thing. Try putting them in a kennel on a chain or run. Then work on training
    Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.

that calf looked old enough to be on its own, looks like the right time of year....man i wonder what kinda rig they were running? looks like a good un.....i dont see to much wrong with the video....if anything it looked pretty fun, racing a moose on a river....most moose will get off the river but looks like these are an exception, just like the few moose that wont get off the highway but just kinda stand there or run down it. i dont think they were purposely looking for them, and maybe one kid wanted to find them again but did they all? doesnt specify. pretty funny hittin the beaver dam though.

Release Lake Trout

sledhands,

I didn't say my dogs chase moose, they are trained better than most. I was using them as an example, if they had ever chased moose, they would be shot on sight. I don't tolerate harassment of wildlife, not at all. Say what you will, that was harassment.

I guess it'd be safe to say these kids need some OB training as well eh?
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

They looked like normal kids out experiencing the outdoors. No harassment there, and it would be a shame if they got a ticket for that. Would you rather they be inside playing video games?

yea about the dog thing.....thats a bit extreme. so how many dogs have you shot so far?

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    They looked like normal kids out experiencing the outdoors. No harassment there, and it would be a shame if they got a ticket for that. Would you rather they be inside playing video games?
    or worse, gangbangin and sellin drugs.....

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    ....man i wonder what kinda rig they were running? looks like a good un......
    Looks like a sportjon to me. They use the double rail along the top like that.

Those kids knew exactly what they were doing. They were chasing the moose for fun. I don't see the need to chase moose in a boat.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Getting off topic just a wee-bit....But just to show you how extreme it is. I've done it enough to know that I'd do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    yea about the dog thing.....thats a bit extreme. so how many dogs have you shot so far?

Default Boat

Running an evinrude outboard on the back, sport jon hull?

What if your dog harrasses by barking at a moose do you club them? or shoot them it is a form of harrassment! Just seems kind of extreme for a curable problem.

Can't say how many dogs I shot but never for chasing a moose.

#1 Here is a scenario for you; Running a dog team and they begin to pick it up they know there is a moose ahead 99 out of 100 encounters with any experiance you will to. You round the corner and there it is 100' off the trail dgs want to go after it as they will. Do we shoot all of our dogs?

#2 Here is another scenario for you; Running a dog team and they begin to pick it up they know there is a moose ahead 99 out of 100 encounters, with any experiance you will to. You round the corner and there it is in the trail dogs want to go after it as they will moose turns and charges into the team. Do we shoot all of our dogs?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast