Thread: An odd request but I would like help!

Default An odd request but I would like help!

I was wondering if anyone had photos of the Willow/Susitna confluence and areas of willow river's mouth. It doesn't matter who is in the photo just as long as it shows the river and where most people fish. I have a friend coming up and he wants to see where im going to be taking him fishing.

Show me the photos! thanks guys!

--Chris
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Never seen the place, but I got time on my hands. Found what looks like a possible location below. Can't locate Willow River on Google Earth, but found Willow Lake near this trib that enters the Susitna. If this is the area, I found a pic of the confluence in Google Earth.

The area I am looking at with my out of stater computer enabled eyes...

A close up of the same area, note the location of the white square...

This picture was tagged on Google Earth where the square was...

For your friend's sake, hopefully I am looking at the wrong area

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

lol
    I showed him goggle earth and the one photo that is there.
    I was hoping that people here had more photos that I could show him.
    A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Default the line up...

...Been There/Done That.

That photo is pretty accurate. About the only thing missing is all the trash on the riverbank that was there the last time I joined the line.

Thankfuly, there is plenty more to Alaskan fishing than that line up, but in honesty, at some times and in some places, that's the way it is.

Tell your friends to make the best of it. The fish don't care...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Part of any online search ought to involve using the "images" function on Yahoo or Google. For example, I found this Willow-Susitna confluence picture linked from the photo-sharing site Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buster_landin/267799939/

If anyone knows if the Willow confluence looks similar to the Montana Creek-Sustina one, please post up. I have a number of photos from the 2009 midnight King Salmon opener that I could forward to Alaskaiscold.

Default willow creek

Willow creek and montana creek look different unless you mean lots of people. A photo of elbow to elbow people fishing salmon does kind of look the same no matter what river. It all depends on when you are there. If the salmon are running you will not be alone. Other times of the year the place can be all yours. I have been at the mouth of willow for many hours with no one else around. I will have to say fishing was very slow,but that's the trade off some times. Just keep in mind the russian river has nothing on the willow when it comes to crowds. Good-Luck with that!