Thread: Best Big-Bore Bullet Maker

Default Best Big-Bore Bullet Maker

This has been brought up recently, but I thought that a dedicated thread on it would be a great resource for large-caliber handgunners.

What are your recommendations for the best place to pick up hardcast big-bore bullets? Criteria is quality, customer service, and of course....price.

Here are some...

Leadheads--Great product, best price, good service (CorBon uses Leadhead bullets)
    https://secure25.securewebsession.co....com/order.htm

Montana Bulletworks--Great product, fair price, good service
    http://www.montanabulletworks.com/

Cast Performance--Great product, over-priced
    http://www.castperformance.com/StoreFront.bok

For S&W 500, Ranger Rick is #1 in my mind. He is great to deal with, has good prices, and puts out the best product that I have seen...huge meplat designs packed/delivered separately...2 thumbs up

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

You left out Bear Tooth Bullets down in Idaho. I have used literally thousands of their bullets and their 335 grain 416 caliber was the first 416 bullet they made as that was the weight that I wanted for a wildcat 416 I was working on in 1991. So Marshall made me a bunch of them.

I guess if it was not my prior use of Range Rick's bullets I would suggest his bullets but after my use of his bullets I would not suggest a locale's bullets. Range Rick is one of are own and I would not leave him out of the running.

A little help here, cast bullets for handgun will give you the highest velocities and leave the jacketed stuff alone.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

I've found making my own as always been the best way to get a consistant supply of cast bullets to feed my big bores, especially on the affordable end (though if you add up the time it takes you're making minimum wage )

Various .476" boolets.

I think Montana Bullet Works probably has the better price for some of the heavies, while Tommy has better prices on 45's etc. Both make great bullets, as does Ranger Rick and others. I've never experienced a problem with any of them.

That's a great line up you have there Paul.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Call Lee Stoner:

STONER PREMIUM HARDCAST BULLETS.
    907-376-9488

He's in Palmer, makes GOOD bullets, and a huge variety of bullets, including Beeg Bore designs.

He doesn't have a website, as far as I know, but he'll talk at you on the telephone.

I like his bullets, AND his prices. I won't mail order bullets anymore, without checking what he has to offer. So far, he's had anything I might need.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

If you want a solid, check out Belt Mountain Punch bullets. They make them from .430" dia up to .510". I've tried the 330 grain .452"'s in a 5 shot 45 Colt and really liked them. No leading problem either. They are really proud of them going by the price though.

http://www.beltmountain.com/punch.htm

Overall, it's hard to beat Cast Performance, over priced yes, but available all the time, just about everywhere.

I'm with Paul H on this one. The best bullets you can get are the ones you make your self. You can get a mold for whatever shape you want and size them to whatever size fits your gun and make them as hard or soft as you see fit for shooting them at different velocities and powder charges and the lube type that you want. It's really hard to get that by buying bullets from anyone. And, if you do much shooting, they are a lot cheaper. If labor counted we'd buy factory loaded ammo.

Plus it's a whole lot of fun and very rewarding.

The two reasons Snyd gives are the most important the rest is just a bonus.

I just got into making my own and I'm really enjoying it, but I have used in the past and had no complaints from: Stoner, Cast Performance, Laser Cast and Beartoth.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.