Thread: Black Gun Is Here - S&W AR 15 Optics Ready Model

Default Black Gun Is Here - S&W AR 15 Optics Ready Model

Well the fun has arrived with 1500 rounds, three magazines, front and rear flip up removable sights (not on at the moment) with my 2.5-8x36mm VX-III. Will be going Friday to sight in and shoot.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A few more:

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Niiiiiice hardware, BT! If I remember correctly, you said it is in .223. Those 'yotes won't know what hit 'em! Looking forward to hearing about how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Niiiiiice hardware, BT! If I remember correctly, you said it is in .223. Those 'yotes won't know what hit 'em! Looking forward to hearing about how it shoots.

Yes, it is a .223. I will be trying it out Friday, of course it won't shoot like my custom bolt rifles but it will be fun.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Sharp AR! How does that low scope mount feel with the straight stock? I have never tried one on like that but it looks like it would be low to get the eye to. It do make the gun look good though!
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Sharp AR! How does that low scope mount feel with the straight stock? I have never tried one on like that but it looks like it would be low to get the eye to. It do make the gun look good though!

No, it is not hard for me at all and I really like it right where it is and it feel pretty good mounted this way.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Very cool BT... you are now ready for Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post

Let us leave that to interpretation and I am not the interpreter
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

I won't know how to act when I pull the trigger on this little puppy after shoot that Big Dog 340Wby. I will take four Advil so as to minimize the trauma on my shoulder, I think that will handle the problem
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Sweet BTooth!

Nice looking toy ya got there!
    I have not heard much about the S & W of late, where was this puppy mfg at anyway?
    And, what is the height of those mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Nice looking toy ya got there!
    I have not heard much about the S & W of late, where was this puppy mfg at anyway?
    And, what is the height of those mounts?
    Those mounts are not high mounts but I like them and they feel natural to me when I throw up to my shoulder. This is the newer S&W AR 15 that is manufactured by S&W. Stag use to make them for S&W until S&W was able to set up and do them their selves.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    "Obamacare"?? Is that where they write into the healthcare crap that everyone that owns a gun is a nut and they decide to put us all on our own island but we don't let them and in the end Obama gets sent back to his native turf where he was born?

I don't own a black gun as of present but the several that I have had had the scope mounted low like yours BT and I liked them that way!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    "Obamacare"?? Is that where they write into the healthcare crap that everyone that owns a gun is a nut and they decide to put us all on our own island but we don't let them and in the end Obama gets sent back to his native turf where he was born?

I don't own a black gun as of present but the several that I have had had the scope mounted low like yours BT and I liked them that way!
    Yeah, this is how I like them also.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Could not wait to shoot it some so on the way to work I fired 34 rounds and the average velocity was 2918fps using Brown Bear 55gr HP. Man that chrome chamber is slick, I reall like that feature along with the chrome bore. Sure was fun today for the brief time I took to shoot. Here is how it did at 100yds. First target was last target shot. Have to get use to this trigger. It sure is not a match gun but still fun. Might do some things to this rifle but not until I shoot some of my reloads to really see what I need to do like free float the barrel and change trigers.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS