Thread: station theft

Default station theft

i am looking to set my stand up around the talkeetna area, is there aalot of theft in the area do i have to worry about coming back and my stand and trail camera disapearing?

Are you building a stand or using a portable? If using a portable, chain it up. Same goes for the barrel and trail cam. I doubt a stand that is built will get any effort to be taken down.

Or at least chain your ladder to the tree, so no one can get in, if that's the route you choose to take for a stand.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I baited up around trapper creek area last year and never had a problem with theft. Actually only had one other guy baiting in the general area, never seen anyone but the other baiter or me out there the whole season. You should be fine but you never know...I never locked up my stands but I did take down one set of ladders when I left(sometimes, not all the time...) so if someone wanted to get in my stands, they'd have a heck of a time gettin in them.

Nope..never had a problem. Have fun finding a spot to bait off the Talkeetna Spur Rd that isn't within a mile of a house/cain or near somebody else's bait that already figured it out Our local F&W Trooper had a good time last spring ticketing those that didn't follow the rules
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

We can second this statement....

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Nope..never had a problem. Have fun finding a spot to bait off the Talkeetna Spur Rd that isn't within a mile of a house/cain or near somebody else's bait that already figured it out Our local F&W Trooper had a good time last spring ticketing those that didn't follow the rules
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default i said talkeetna area

i have done my homework on location, dont worry about that. I just dont want some a@#hole stealing my stuff