Thread: Tanning bear hides....

Default Tanning bear hides....

Who is the best bang for the buck around Anchorage for tanning (not mounting) black bear?
    Who does good work for a good price?
    FYI, waiting a long time is fine with me. Just want good work for a good price.

Default Tundra Tanning

Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy. Clint and his crew do a great job with them.

Default Alpha Fur

I take all my big hides to Alpha fur in ANC. We've had the discussion here before and some people said they don't like Alpha. I've had several bears, goats, sheep, and buffalo done there with out any problem. Nor have any of my friends who have had their stuff done there. His turn around time is usually pretty good too.

Default i like alpha...but

i'm pretty sure he's got a 500 dollar minumun or something right now...you might wanna check into it...but he's always done great work that i personally know of, and turn around seems to be ok. i've personally used him and will be doing so again this season hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by goaty View Post
    I take all my big hides to Alpha fur in ANC. We've had the discussion here before and some people said they don't like Alpha. I've had several bears, goats, sheep, and buffalo done there with out any problem. Nor have any of my friends who have had their stuff done there. His turn around time is usually pretty good too.

We turn in alot of work to Gary @alpha. In 12 years so far we havent had to much of problems and I dont have any complains with Alpha. I havent heard of a 500/minimum from him though.

Ive turned 3 hides into Tundra... still waiting... that was last June..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default action anatomy??

Does anyone have any comments about action anatomy taxidermy. Just wondering what folks think??

hap

I have had Alpha do a bunch of stuff and brought a bunch of guys there with their stuff without a hitch.

The most important bear to me, my son's first and one with a great story got ruined and it looks like it was Alpha's fault. Still sitting on it to calm down before looking into it further...

But at this point I would still take stuff to them based on the huge preponderance of quality work, done reasonably quickly...
    art

Default Grizz rug

Here is a Interior Grizz rug I finished a couple weeks ago.. Bear was Taken this past Oct.. Tanned by Alpha Fur Dressers.. Not a Monster, but a Beautiful bear..

Dahlberg's Taxidermy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rosscoak View Post
    Does anyone have any comments about action anatomy taxidermy. Just wondering what folks think??
    Action Anatomy Taxidermy is a great place. Bob Mardis does awesome work! You wont be disappointed, highly recommended, great guy to deal with.