Thread: First Water Retrieve

Default First Water Retrieve

Well Last night after I was out doing some field training with Ermey, I decided to stop at one of the local ponds mostly because I had seen a bunch of ducks on it earlier and wanted to see my dogs reaction to them. Well as luck has it the ducks were gone. So decided to see what the pup would do when I threw his bumper in the creek running between the two ponds (only six or eight inches deep mind you as i didnt want to go swimming for a bumper if the dog refused to retrieve). I threw the bumper upstream and gave the command fetch and in he went chasing it downstream. So now I can see his magnetism to water just doesnt apply to the bathtub, I throw it out a little further into the pond command fetch and away he went, made a good retrieve and his first true swim I was so proud of him, kinda the feeling when your children take there first steps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

glad to hear that your dog is putting all the pieces together. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say I can't wait til September.

Thats a good looking dog. I cant wait until we get some open water here in Anchorage. If its here, I aint found it yet...

Thats a good looking dog. I cant wait until we get some open water here in Anchorage. If its here, I aint found it yet...
    Thanks, yeah most of the water still froze out here in the valley too that spot was the only open water I have seen thus far, but it wont be long it will all be open....Yeah and Richie I hear you September isnt coming soon enuff, cant wait till I can get the pup out on his first hunt.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Found this at the C St snow dump today. She splashed around for a bit and got the mud off. Her first water retrieve of '10. She was little last Sept. the last time she went in.