Thread: .300 WSM ammo swap...

Question .300 WSM ammo swap...

I would much rather just hand load but I don't have my 550 Dillon that I have been wanting forever. I would like to get together with some folks and do some ammo swapping. I have a Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker that I really like. I have been shooting a couple different Winchester factories with mixed results. I would like to have everyone bring a different manufacturer and then have everyone divvy up the ammo so that everyone can hopefully get a little bit of an idea of which loads their gun likes. This may be too much to ask considering you probably need at least six rounds to get a decent idea, but outside of buying $400-$600 in ammo there's not much option. Heck, at that point I am almost set up with my 550 press! Let me know what you guys think.

AZinAK

Default 300 wsm swap

I tried this a couple of years ago and didnt get the results I was looking for...I think everyone already had their favorite and didnt want to give up any.
    However, I do have a few loaded up for my rifle and will be happy to give you a few to try for yourself. If it works, then you can have the data for your own. I just loaded up 100 2 weekends ago. PM me your phone # if your interested.

Talking Yeah...

I was kind of figuring this would be the case...at least I'm not the only idiot that's tried this. I may just take you up on your offer...I need to break down and get a press. Between a coming week long bear hunt in May and building a new house I just don't have the funds to dump on wants...which is why I was hoping to go this route. Thanks for the heads up...and help.

AZinAK