Thread: Lighted Noks legal?

Default Lighted Noks legal?

I was on fish and Games website and saw this on there. Is it not legal to use a lumenok or does this only apply with something that illuminates the object your looking at?

For all BIG game, you may:

NOT use electronic devices or light attached to the bow, arrow, or arrowhead with the exception of a non-illuminating camera

Palmer, AK

They are specifically identified as being legal in the regs. The rest of your quote above should read "or a lighted nock on the end of the arrow" Check page 20 of the regs

North Pole

I had this same discussion with a bow cert instructor. It specifically states in the regs that lighted nocks are legal for use. He tried to argue that they were not.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it was legal before I went out in the woods.

Unfortunately they do not send the bow cert instructors a yearly update to rules changes. Sometimes things like this slip through the cracks. They were considered illegal up to a few years ago (likely the time the bow cert instructor took his class) and now they are was taught in my instructors class.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem