Thread: How big do lynx get?

Default How big do lynx get?

This winter I called in and shot my first lynx. couldn't be happier! Any way after sending it away to the taxidermist I started wondering if it was verry big or not. I dont think it is and I don't really care. Im happy either way, but it was a female and weighed 25lbs. So how big are the ones you guys are trapping or shooting? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Default Average Size

Lynx are generally 20-45 lbs +/- slightly. Females smaller than the toms. Congratulations on calling yours in! It has been a long time since I trapped or taken one in Alaska. How long did it take before it came in?

It only took about 10 minutes before I caught a glimpse of her eyes on the other side of the drainage I was calling, but it took another 20 for her to come across and close the distance. Shot her at 70yds with my .223 loaded with a 62gr TSX. I was hoping for minimal pelt damage and thats what I got. Caliber size hole going in and and about a 3/4'' exit hole.

45 would be a really big lynx. 40 is more normal for the upper end of males. I would say 25 is a good sized female.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Actually lynx average 15-28#'s. Anything over 30 is huge. I trapped an honest 37#er a few years back that is the biggest I have ever seen to date anywhere. People talk of 40# plus but yet to provide proof.... A 25# female should make an excellent mount. Good job!

Biggest of ours this year was #31 male. Then a #29 male, #28 female, #26 male, and 4 #16-#17 males.

Talking how big do Lynx get?

The lynx I got looked like this...

yea those Mercury lynx are all but extinct these days.

sorry to pun your lynx, but all I could think of is that junk blue lynx I picked up for 100.00 many years ago...
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great