Thread: Discouraged

Unhappy Discouraged

So I have been trying to scout an area for a few weeks on the net. Went out yesterday and everyone is out of the question. I am about ready to give up. was looking in 14A. I have a possibility in & near Turnagain. But to me if I am heading that way is it worth it or should I just go to Whittier and head out and glass?

finding a spot is truly one of the hardest things. However if you take more time to find the spot when the snow is gone I think you will be able to find a place. One area I have always thought about is if you had access to a canoe to go across the ponds on the side of the highway past portage and go in there you probably wouldn't have much competition. Once you find your spot and set up its a matter of time. In baiting frustration is a huge part of the game but the reward is really worth it.

Referring to what blackbear said. instead of just going across the ponds, if you have access to a canoe or something similiar I would head up some of those drainages just past portage cut-off. there are alot of bait stations in that area.

It is hard to find a decent spot without alot of pressure around SC. Usually if you want a spot and stalk it will require alot of hiking. I've used up more than one pair of boots investigating areas. Bad part about turnagain area is it holds snow pretty late. This may I'm gonna investigate an area I have been meaning to. It will be a hard hike but who knows.

Thanks all.

I do have access to a canoe can rent until I finish talking the wife into it. I thought the Portage area was closed? Or do you mean south of there where it opens back up.

south of portage and on your left about 1/2 mile before you come to ingram creek that where the road starts going uphill.

I also really recommend getting a baitem 907 ball to get it started up they will find it.

pm me and I will tell you exactly where I am thinking about.

Default Ingram Creek/Portage

Watch for big furry brownish bears in that area.

Good Luck

I will for sure! Thanks