Thread: Lake Creek Forecast for this Year?

Default Lake Creek Forecast for this Year?

Has anybody heard a forecast for Lake Creek Kings this year? I've got a bunch of folks coming up for a float around King time. I'm considering flying into Chelatna and then down, but if there's not going to be great king fishing, I'm thinking I should just avoid the Lake Creek professional outfitter crowds monopolizing the good camp sites and just do the Gulkana -- no fly-in costs, and a little more scenic, to my eye.

Any thoughts? If you had Outsiders coming up in late June, which would choose: Gulkana from Paxon down, or Lake Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by glpak View Post
    Has anybody heard a forecast for Lake Creek Kings this year? I've got a bunch of folks coming up for a float around King time. I'm considering flying into Chelatna and then down, but if there's not going to be great king fishing, I'm thinking I should just avoid the Lake Creek professional outfitter crowds monopolizing the good camp sites and just do the Gulkana -- no fly-in costs, and a little more scenic, to my eye.

Any thoughts? If you had Outsiders coming up in late June, which would choose: Gulkana from Paxon down, or Lake Creek?
    I'd take them to lake creek. Less crowded and you don't have to worry about parking.

Default Lake Creek

Lake Creek hands down!

Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel