Thread: McNeil River Sanctuary Air Taxi

Default McNeil River Sanctuary Air Taxi

Does anyone know of a good air taxi that can provide float plane service into and out of McNeil River in Katmai Nat Park from either Homer or Kenai?

Thumbs up yes

Jose DeCreeft ( Northwind Aviation, 235-7482) is really good and knows the area as does John Berryman (Beluga Air,235 8246). Both really good pilots with excellent track records. Thats who I would go with if I had to ride in some one else's airplane.

Both out of Homer.

Steller Air 907.299.0284 or www.stellerair@gmail.com. Mark Munro has a turbo 206 and lots of experience, good guy.
    The winner isn't the person with the most gold when they die, but rather, the person with the most stories.

Default Kodiak

If it were me I would get Dean Andrew from Andrew Airways in Kodiak to do it. Might be less water to fly over going from Kodiak across the Shelikof straights.

Unless you fly down the west side of Cook Inlet, that is . . . . .

very true - hard to get to the west side of Cook Inlet from Homer without crossing a bit more water (30 miles vs. 22) without going backwards to the forelands tho.

Default Try Gary Porter Bald Mountain Air

Try Gary Porter, Bald Mountain Air out of Homer. Alaska born, flies turbine otters and has made that flight for many years. www.baldmountainair.com

He is an old herring spotting friend of mine and has many years and thousands of Cook Inlet hours under his belt, and he's a really nice guy with daily inspections and topnotch maintenance on his airplanes.

Alaska West Air and Talon Air out of Kenai and Soldotna. I know they both fly there quite a bit. Turbine Otters, Beavers or a real sweet Caravan.