Thread: heller vs district of columbia

Default heller vs district of columbia

Is it OK to post this here?? Im not sure if new threads on gun control go here?

most of you guys have probably already heard this but for those that havent.

Judge Ricardo Urbina dismissed heller vs district of columbia.In his decision he said this," the supreme court did not explicitly hold that the Second Amendment right is a fundamental right," kinda scary to me the way this administration is ramming things at us.... health care as a case in point.

Sometime back there was a fellow on here that scoffed at the notion that the US had any sort of registration of firearms but it looks as if that was what this case was all about??
    Heller v. District of Columbia, NRA's case challenging D.C.'s prohibitive firearm registration requirements, and its bans on "assault weapons" and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices."

Hope America speaks in Nov!

Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    Is it OK to post this here?? Im not sure if new threads on gun control go here?

most of you guys have probably already heard this but for those that havent.

Judge Ricardo Urbina dismissed heller vs district of columbia.In his decision he said this," the supreme court did not explicitly hold that the Second Amendment right is a fundamental right," kinda scary to me the way this administration is ramming things at us.... health care as a case in point.

Sometime back there was a fellow on here that scoffed at the notion that the US had any sort of registration of firearms but it looks as if that was what this case was all about?? Heller v. District of Columbia, NRA's case challenging D.C.'s prohibitive firearm registration requirements, and its bans on "assault weapons" and "large capacity ammunition feeding devices."

Hope America speaks in Nov!
    Gun control inherently is political. The "control" part of gun control is about political control. Political discussions are not allowed here.

No reasonable judge could rule like Urbika did on this. And FWIW, at oral argument in MacDonald, J. Kennedy (the swing vote) said that asking the Court to hold that the 2A was no fundamental was aksing the Court to overrule Heller. Thus, I am very optimistic that the MacDonald decision will clarify things for Urbina soon.

Default Check the top thread on this forum where 2nd Amendment discussion is allowed. it's ju

I will continue this on the 2A thread.