Thread: lake lousie

Default lake lousie

Anyone tried lake louise Lately?? heading out tomorrow morning around 5 o'clock.

tan explorer come say hi!!!!

anyone tried around glenallen?

Default For what?

We had big success all along the Glenn and up Lake Louise Rd for hare. No birds though. Good luck.

Ok i'll update tomorrow!!

heading out now wish me luck

westen

HAHA, just got back and it sucked... Snow waste deep and no snow shoes. After an hour and a half I look back and I can still see the car... gonna stick with hunting in summer/fall....

Cool

Snow waste deep ,,,no way..

yes snowshoes can really come in handy this time of year....i always keep mine in the truck from october-may, never know when i mite need them...sorry you got skunked, you shoulda at least tried a little ice fishin to possibly make up for it while you were there.

Release Lake Trout

ya.. we relized that when we got there. Might go again and snipe some bunnys around crader lake while catching 20'' lakers

Quote Originally Posted by danthedewman1 View Post
    Only in wind blown areas I would believe. I had 4-6 feet in front of my place 2 weeks ago. When boondocking, I ran into some serious powder where it was windblown. I was not going to get off to see how deep it was though. In the trees, there was 1.5-3 feet on southern slopes and up to 4 feet on northern slopes. It was melting pretty fast on the southern slopes with overflow on most small creeks. No birds or bunnies seen in about 14 miles of backcountry travel.

Wolves had been through my lot. Looked to be 2-3 the day before. First wolf tracks since I bought the place. Bunny and squirrel tracks everywhere.

Mike

wolves eh Mike? better get em while you can, a few days left in the season there right? I remember seeing rabbit tracks out in the middle of lake louise with varmints tracks hot on their trail.....several of which i found the kill. Man i ber those bunnies do breakneck speed across that open ice lol. Let me know when that ice starts breakin up will ya!

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    wolves eh Mike? better get em while you can, a few days left in the season there right? I remember seeing rabbit tracks out in the middle of lake louise with varmints tracks hot on their trail.....several of which i found the kill. Man i ber those bunnies do breakneck speed across that open ice lol. Let me know when that ice starts breakin up will ya!
    A month ago there wasn't a track anywhere near the lot. Last trip, it looked like there was a contest to cover every square inch. I have not seen a bunny on the lake. A few moose tracks ......

Expect breakup earliest Memorial Day..... to 10 days after. I have people that will call when it is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by danthedewman1 View Post
    Two weeks ago I was up near Eureka. Almost every place I went had snow up to my hips (I'm 6'3"). Pretty deep snow and was even very tough going in snowshoes. This depth wasn't in just wind blown areas......everywhere. I was surprised to hear that Fairbanks had very little snow this winter becuase there sure is a ton between Anchorage and there.

its got to do with elevation......

Release Lake Trout

Mike- I ran into the wolf tracks too last weekend a couple of miles behind our places. It's a pack of 3 I have been seeing for quite a few years. Normally you won't find them out in the open much in fact I have seen where they have bush wacked along large lakes. I believe they are educated from the arial wolf program a few years back. Got skunked last week on fishing but only tried for a few hours. I believe the burbut spawn is over with but we will be hitting it extra hard this weekend. You know where I am at...

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Mike- I ran into the wolf tracks too last weekend a couple of miles behind our places. It's a pack of 3 I have been seeing for quite a few years. Normally you won't find them out in the open much in fact I have seen where they have bush wacked along large lakes. I believe they are educated from the arial wolf program a few years back. Got skunked last week on fishing but only tried for a few hours. I believe the burbut spawn is over with but we will be hitting it extra hard this weekend. You know where I am at...
    I thought you went to Hawaii for a 6 month vacation. I counted 2 wolves going up to the cabin from the lake when I got there, then found another place that looked like 3. It was the first time I took my dog this winter so I was pretty careful. They come after my dog and I will remember the years that I spent in NM hunting coyotes.... What are the regs anyway?

I fished last trip most of the day, not even a hit or a fish on my TV. My buddy at Crosswinds got skunked last weekend too. I do need to compare a couple notes with you on other places that I have been researching.

Not headed up until next weekend earliest. Gotta finish my T&G wood for the ceiling. One board at a time..... Cost should be around $400 for the entire ceiling for materials. I did have to buy a couple tools but they will have many uses. Looking for a small air compressor to run finish nailers. If you run into a smokin' deal let me know.

I was joking about the snow being waist deep, I believe it. Once me and my brother were on the Tok cutoff doing some rabbit and grouse hunting. A flock of sharps crosses the highway and he decides to give chase to the trees ,without snowshoes. So funny he got about 10 feet off the road and sunk to his waist, Needless to say he gave up right away as he swam back to the truck.