Thread: Our Facebook Page

Default Our Facebook Page

Hi folks,

Outdoors Directory has a Facebook page! Feel free to jump in and follow what we're doing. Still figuring out this Facebook thing, but hopefully we can use it to get the word out about Outdoors Directory.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by demleye View Post
    ******************DELETED****************
    whats up with all these advertisements, you really think people on Alaska outdoor forums are gonna where gucci?
    I Wish i could change my name to Shimano, because i recently started hating Ambassdor Abu_Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Garcia View Post
    whats up with all these advertisements, you really think people on Alaska outdoor forums are gonna where gucci?
    AG they are just spammers, it is less about getting their info out to us getting their link out to popular sites on the internet. Google ranks sites on the web and the more sites that link to your page the more "popular" is is deemed to be by the magic google search engine and thus get displayed closer to the top of the list when people search for something. It is actually all very interesting if you are nerd enough to read up on it.

It actually helps their cause if you quote them in a response, it also makes it harder for us to spot the thread. I make a habit of reading new threads by user names I don't recognize even if the topic isn't likely to be of interest to me. That is not always true w/ names of members that I know, had this been a thread on fishing some stream I have never heard of then I certainly wouldn't have found the spammer.

Any way, I banished the spammer back to whatever Chinese cyber firm he is working for at least for the time being. In the future use the red triangle in the corner of the offending post to report it rather than post a response.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    AG they are just spammers, it is less about getting their info out to us getting their link out to popular sites on the internet. Google ranks sites on the web and the more sites that link to your page the more "popular" is is deemed to be by the magic google search engine and thus get displayed closer to the top of the list when people search for something. It is actually all very interesting if you are nerd enough to read up on it.

It actually helps their cause if you quote them in a response, it also makes it harder for us to spot the thread. I make a habit of reading new threads by user names I don't recognize even if the topic isn't likely to be of interest to me. That is not always true w/ names of members that I know, had this been a thread on fishing some stream I have never heard of then I certainly wouldn't have found the spammer.

Any way, I banished the spammer back to whatever Chinese cyber firm he is working for at least for the time being. In the future use the red triangle in the corner of the offending post to report it rather than post a response.
    Jon time to update your post... and ya know what i can not copy the black triangle at the lower left of the post like i could the red ones and paist them in a post....http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/report.php?p=769294
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here