Thread: ATV Tires Questions

Default ATV Tires Questions

I know there was a thread as to where to buy and the winner seems to be MOTOSPORT.COM.

Now the real questions?

Kenda Bearclaw 26X9X12 Front
    Kenda Bearclaw 26X12X12 Rear $351.00 Shipped to AK
    Lugs are 3/4 inch

IPT M/S 26X9X12 Front
    IPT M/S 26X12X12 Rear $442.00 Shipped to AK
    Lugs are 1 3/8

both are 6ply tires. BOTH PRICE QUOTES INCLUDE $64.00 SHIPPING

Is it worth the extra $91.00 for the IPT. I have a set of 27" on one of my 660 grizzly and love them . I need a set for my other wheeler.

Any opions or advise?
    Last edited by FishKing; 03-27-2010 at 12:29. Reason: Both prices include $64.00 shipping

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post
    I know there was a thread as to where to buy and the winner seems to be MOTOSPORT.COM.

Now the real questions?

Kenda Bearclaw 26X9X12 Front
    Kenda Bearclaw 26X12X12 Rear $351.00 Shipped to AK
    Lugs are 3/4 inch

IPT M/S 26X9X12 Front
    IPT M/S 26X12X12 Rear $442.00 Shipped to AK
    Lugs are 1 3/8

both are 6ply tires. BOTH PRICE QUOTES INCLUDE $64.00 SHIPPING

Is it worth the extra $91.00 for the IPT. I have a set of 27" on one of my 660 grizzly and love them . I need a set for my other wheeler.

Any opions or advise?
    They have some pretty good prices!
    Shipping to AK is killer, if you are getting it for $65 thats the best I have herd of.
    I just ordered a set of 28" Outlaw tires on SS212 Rims. The grand total was near $975!!!!!!
    I found that Fish Creek Sales in the valley has a pretty large assortment of wheels and tires for utility quads. Might want to check them out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found that Fish Creek Sales in the valley has a pretty large assortment of wheels and tires for utility quads. Might want to check them out.[/QUOTE]

I would love to support a local business but they quoted me $655.00 for the same quote as the $442.00
    Like everyone in this economy, I am trying to watch every dollar

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound View Post
    They have some pretty good prices!
    Shipping to AK is killer, if you are getting it for $65 thats the best I have herd of.
    I just ordered a set of 28" Outlaw tires on SS212 Rims. The grand total was near $975!!!!!!
    I found that Fish Creek Sales in the valley has a pretty large assortment of wheels and tires for utility quads. Might want to check them out.
    I second the idea about Fish Creek Sales. They seem to have the best prices around. I priced some 26 inch Mudlite XLs and I think they were around $400 for a set of 4.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

For the type of terrain that you will be encountering, I would believe that they would be pretty good.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product...&store_val=atv

I would love to support a local business but they quoted me $655.00 for the same quote as the $442.00 Like everyone in this economy, I am trying to watch every dollar
    Wow That is more expensive that the Yamaha Dealership in Wasilla. I got 2 Mudlite XLs replaced for $224 at Performance Yamaha.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    For the type of terrain that you will be encountering, I would believe that they would be pretty good.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/product...&store_val=atv
    Your joking right?? Please say yes!!!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    Your joking right?? Please say yes!!!!!
    After further thought...and a PM from dirtofak...I retract my previous statement...you should go with the tires in the link!!!

I hear they will work well...down south!!! hahahahaha
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by FishKing View Post

I would love to support a local business but they quoted me $655.00 for the same quote as the $442.00
    Like everyone in this economy, I am trying to watch every dollar[/QUOTE]
    Suppose I would do the same.
    I love to support local busineses but not at that cost.

Default Tires from Lower 48

I ordered a set of Swamp Lites and wheels from mudthrowers.com. They arrived and I can't wait to go riding with these buddies. I used the Carlile freight option mentioned on here and for a total shipping charge of $72, I had my tires in 5 days. All said and done, 4 great tires and wheels for less than $625. $300 less than quoted at our local pro shop. I'll let you know how well they ride once I get out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cessna_ak View Post
    I ordered a set of Swamp Lites and wheels from mudthrowers.com. They arrived and I can't wait to go riding with these buddies. I used the Carlile freight option mentioned on here and for a total shipping charge of $72, I had my tires in 5 days. All said and done, 4 great tires and wheels for less than $625. $300 less than quoted at our local pro shop. I'll let you know how well they ride once I get out with them.
    Swamp Lites would be my choice unless money is not an option. Then, I would go with the Pitbull Rockers or Pitbull Growlers. They are a new tire but getting great reviews all around the net and on many ATV forums. As they get more supply they should get a little cheaper down the road.

Additionally, I have heard great things about Carlile shipping. Best rates going.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

How exactly are you guys going about getting Charsile to haul your loads up here? Any stipulations?

Default Carlile Shipping - Easy as 1, 2, 3

I was amazed how easy it all really is to do and all for $72. They quoted me $95 but when it was time to pay at pick-up, it was $72.

1. Call them at 276-7797 and request a "quote." You'll need to know the estimated weight. The actual weight on my four tires and wheels was 60 lbs. They will create a "quote" for you and send you an email.

2. Order your tires/wheels on line and for the shipping address, you use the Carlile shipping terminal address in Tacoma. Your name, quote number, carlile address. The quote number must be in your address so when it arrives in Tacoma they know what to do with it. If they ship using something like UPS you should have a tracking number to look up exactly how many pieces were shipped and the weight of the pieces. I recommend you call Carlile back and give them updated weight and pieces to ensure that Tacoma knows what they should be looking for.

3. Five days after arriving in Tacoma, your tires will be in Anchorage and you can pick them up down at their ship creek distribution center. You can even track the progress of your shipment (received/delivered) using Carlile's website. Although for some reason the "quote" number changes to a "reference" number and shipping status is tied to the reference number so you can call and get that from them after your tires are in Tacoma a day.

http://www.carlile.biz/shipit.htm

I ordered a set of new 589 26" from motosports.com and the shipping was only 40$ and they got to my door in 3 days. Only $10 a tire shipping and getting here that fast I can not see any reason to shop any were else.

Default Motosport.com

I got my tires from motosport.com when it was free shipping for any purchase over 99 dollars! got the Kenda Executioners in the stock size for my wheeler and I am very happy with them. Ordered the tires and got them in 4 days!
    AkBama

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by cessna_ak View Post
    I was amazed how easy it all really is to do and all for $72. They quoted me $95 but when it was time to pay at pick-up, it was $72.

1. Call them at 276-7797 and request a "quote." You'll need to know the estimated weight. The actual weight on my four tires and wheels was 60 lbs. They will create a "quote" for you and send you an email.

2. Order your tires/wheels on line and for the shipping address, you use the Carlile shipping terminal address in Tacoma. Your name, quote number, carlile address. The quote number must be in your address so when it arrives in Tacoma they know what to do with it. If they ship using something like UPS you should have a tracking number to look up exactly how many pieces were shipped and the weight of the pieces. I recommend you call Carlile back and give them updated weight and pieces to ensure that Tacoma knows what they should be looking for.

3. Five days after arriving in Tacoma, your tires will be in Anchorage and you can pick them up down at their ship creek distribution center. You can even track the progress of your shipment (received/delivered) using Carlile's website. Although for some reason the "quote" number changes to a "reference" number and shipping status is tied to the reference number so you can call and get that from them after your tires are in Tacoma a day.

http://www.carlile.biz/shipit.htm
    I called Carlile to get something from Texas shipped to Anchorage and the prices you are quoting are from their terminal in Tacoma to Anchorage. I agree not a bad price, but you still have to pay shipping from wherever, Lower 48 to Tacoma. Just wanted to clarify. If you're ordering from a business that is offering "FREE SHIPPING" for the lower 48 then it will be free to Tacoma and Carlile will ship it from there for a reasonable price.

Default Free Shipping to Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I called Carlile to get something from Texas shipped to Anchorage and the prices you are quoting are from their terminal in Tacoma to Anchorage. I agree not a bad price, but you still have to pay shipping from wherever, Lower 48 to Tacoma. Just wanted to clarify. If you're ordering from a business that is offering "FREE SHIPPING" for the lower 48 then it will be free to Tacoma and Carlile will ship it from there for a reasonable price.
    You are correct. The major online tire/wheel company's all offer free shipping in lower 48. I had them shipped to Tacoma for free. Then paid $72 to get to Anchorage.

Dont rule out MOTOXMALL either, they have great prices , more selection, and free shipping to tacoma. I have used them before as well as Pacific Alaska Forwarders for freight and its pretty cheap too. Heres the links

http://motoxmall.com/

http://pafak.com/

Well I got my new wheels and tires mounted up on the 800!
    That quad is bigger that my lifted 500 now. They can tuck a 28" tall tire under the sportsman without a lift. I had to raise my 04 2" to comfortably fit the 27"'s. These tires should get me where I need to go. I just need to be easy on the gas to save the axles. Probly upgrade to gorilla's in the next year.
    That is a 04.5 Sportsman 500 and the New Sportsman 800. I woulda never upgraded to the 800, just found a great deal on it I couldnt pass up.
    Here she sits now....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Dont rule out MOTOXMALL either, they have great prices , more selection, and free shipping to tacoma. I have used them before as well as Pacific Alaska Forwarders for freight and its pretty cheap too. Heres the links
    http://motoxmall.com/
    http://pafak.com/
    I just used motoxmall for a 26" mudlite wheel/tire combo w/ free shipping in lower 48. They had them to Carlile in Tacoma in 3 days.

Shipping quotes as of 4/12/10 -
    Carlile, $85 ($68 min. plus fuel surcharge)
    Lynden Transport, $105 ($85 plus fuel)

The total shipment of 4 pcs at 151 lbs was still covered under the minimum $68 charge, but the fuel charge went up. Total cost = $96.