Thread: Good places to buy Ammo in Anchorage?

Default Good places to buy Ammo in Anchorage?

I am headed down to Anchorage this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone could tell me where some the best places to buy ammo is. I know theres a Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla and Anchorage, but if they are anything like the Fairbanks store, they never have anything on their shelves. So where do you guys suggest a fella go?

Boondocks in Eagle River, GNG's and SW. The shelves at SW have been pretty full recently. Last week they had about every type of primer made except Federal 215M's.
    WWG's may have a lot of handgun ammo.
    Tennessee

Lately SW has had a good stock. But also, Great Northern Guns, Mountain View Sport, Wild Wild West, Fred Meyer, Wal-mart, Northern Security on old seward has a lot of pistol and "tactical"-type ammo.
    And Boondocks in Eagle River; just a short drive north of Anchorage.
    I am sure there's other places; just depends what you are looking for.

Thanks guys!

If you can't find what you need, I can order anything from Double Tap. I have my website updated. He has since came out with some new loads, the 47-70 400gr Hardcast for example. .460S&W this summer sometime, and so on. If you plan ahead, next time it could be here waiting for you. He loads all the premium bullets. Priced well and it is available!

This trip in though. Hit all the above places. Alaska Tacticle has ammo as well, Brenneke slugs is what caught my eye.

In the reloading forum, WWG has an ammo sale posted. Between all the above you should be able to find what you need. If not hit me up. Free shipping to my door, so you pay the manufacturers prices, not a cent more!

Wild west guns. The best deals I have seen in town.