Thread: Nymph Selection for April Steel

Default Nymph Selection for April Steel

Here is a pic of my "nymph box" for April, what do you guys think? Anything else I must have? I have a bunch more colors of glo bugs ready and some 10-12 mm beads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matt 2010 001.jpg  

5819'59"N 13429'49"W

I'd say you got it covered, but you might want to add the MoneyBug in cerise/green as well.

Eagle River/ Juneau

I'm partial to Jumbo Johns and Big Princes, I also like flanks flies and sparkle shrimp instead of globugs
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

The money bugs look awesome. Read some good info about them too. Ordered a few from the other day along with about 100 other flies. Having never fished for sea-run cutthroats or steelhead, I had few flies that would be appropriate. I would like to pick up some more money bugs myself. When I ordered last week, this is all that was available...

Money Bug - Blue/Cerise #2
    Money Bug - Purple #2

As for nymphing, I found a few articles online just now that may be worth reading. Sounds like a pretty good technique for the rivers you and I will be fishing.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.