Thread: Low bandwidth version?

Default Low bandwidth version?

Is there a way to access the site for users with low bandwidth? My Iphone only gets Edge network down in Homer, and this site, with all it's graphics is one of the toughest to access of all my regular forums- it usually times out. Is there an option that I'm missing? Or, is this something that can be added to the forum?

Palmer, AK

Unfortunately I don't think you are missing any options, there was some talk about setting up things to work with one of the iphone aps that is vbulletin compatible but it didn't seem to catch much traction at the time. I am not sure if the site admin has given it anymore thought.

Anchorage, Alaska

Default iPhone App

Good question. We did look at the iPhone apps that are compatible with our forums, but all of them have received unfavorable reviews. As an iPhone user myself, I welcome an application that is user-friendly and allows access to all the features our forums offer. We'll keep looking, but so far no dice.

If anyone hears of something that really works well, let me know!

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay