Thread: Permit Drawing

Default Permit Drawing

I have to admit, after waiting all winter, this is getting a little bit tiresome. In todays day and age we shouldnt have to wait so long to find out results.
    I know we all grumble a little, but there is something to be said for trying to plan things in case you get lucky and do actually draw!
    Bottom line......they should have been posted today, period.

Thanks for your opinion, and the additional thread on drawing permits.

Just messin' with ya. I agree 100%, but I realize there are factors that we don't know about that are probably holding things up, especially with the change in dates.

Default True!

I know, your probably right, but it sure is frustrating. It just should not take all that long to get results from this stuff. LOL!! the wait continues!!!!

A watched pot never boils..... Government efficiency at its finest! Where is my customer service #? Will I receive it with our Permits? They are all having a great hoot at our expense! They know we're twitching, and loving every minute of it! Could of saved us all with a firm date but what fun would that be?

Default Computer age....

They can count a couple hundred million ballots on election night, and the state can't do this faster than 3 months??? Come on ! Same old Gov. BS!!!

Default Beats July

This still beats the snot out of July like it used to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    They can count a couple hundred million ballots on election night, and the state can't do this faster than 3 months??? Come on ! Same old Gov. BS!!!
    There is a lot more to it than just taking the entries and doing the drawing. They have to wait until others provide them with the seasonal counts to know how many of each hunt to draw and waiting on the board meetings to know what hunts are even going to happen.

All along they have said "by the end of March" and by my watch, we still have a while before we get there.

Default Permit wait

Yeah the draw wait sucks. Arizona hunt applicants for Elk & Antelope were expecting the draw results tonight also, (last few years tradition). They are all disappointed by a non traditional delay. I am one of them non resident applicants that forked over around $650 bucks each year to apply for their elk for the last 6 years with no success.
    Kinda funny, Arizona application deadline was Feb. 9 and no applications are accepted over the internet (mail in applications only), which means people at Fish n Game had to hand enter in all those permits and they are expected out the same time as ours which application deadlines were due Dec.31 and by internet application also.
    Right now my nerves are wrecked for the chance that i can have a special long awaited hunt to plan for and will not know for a few more days. Yes, i will be pissed if the wait goes past the Mar 31 deadline, because we each paid for this draw with each hunt number we applied for and there should be no excuse for that.
    No matter what, i can still hunt one of our many general harvest permits for game if this is not my year again for the draw, which is what i do love about Alaska.

Default unless

Quote Originally Posted by fshgde View Post
    This still beats the snot out of July like it used to be!!
    Unless it is a sheep tag you're wondering about. Yes, I know there was a time that was July as well, but with the application deadline the same this year as the sheep deadline was the last few years it can be frustrating having to wait this long for those results. That said, I agree there is surely more to the story than Joe Schmoe (or Joe Carnivore ) knows. I'm sure they have their reasons and not just holding back information to laugh at we forum rats.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Quote Originally Posted by akgutpile View Post
    Yeah the draw wait sucks. Arizona hunt applicants for Elk & Antelope were expecting the draw results tonight also, (last few years tradition). They are all disappointed by a non traditional delay. I am one of them non resident applicants that forked over around $650 bucks each year to apply for their elk for the last 6 years with no success.
    Kinda funny, Arizona application deadline was Feb. 9 and no applications are accepted over the internet (mail in applications only), which means people at Fish n Game had to hand enter in all those permits and they are expected out the same time as ours which application deadlines were due Dec.31 and by internet application also.

No matter what, i can still hunt one of our many general harvest permits for game if this is not my year again for the draw, which is what i do love about Alaska.
    yeah here we sit as elk guides in phoenix, with no idea if we have lucky clients or our own tags. AK and AZ have been a bust so far. Hope for the best and keep checking at midnight I guess!

Count your AK blessings... Aka harvest ticket hunts

get over it....
    it'll happen when it happens...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default it will happen on the 31st

It will be out on the 31st they are having issues getting the info from others that are supposed to be giving it to them. I know that they will be out because we have some productions going on based on the information they provide us. So a few more days shouldn't effect anyone's plans. Plus they did say end of March.

Quote Originally Posted by akgutpile View Post
    Right now my nerves are wrecked for the chance that i can have a special long awaited hunt to plan for and will not know for a few more days. Yes, i will be pissed if the wait goes past the Mar 31 deadline, because we each paid for this draw with each hunt number we applied for and there should be no excuse for that.
    Again, it isn't just a process of compiling the entries and just picking the winners. They have to collect the data from various sources as to how many permits for a given hunt they can give out based on the number of animals available. Much of the data they need they are just now getting.

Talking bs

Next year we should all BOYCOTT. That will show them!!!

Default How is this actually fair to the people?

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Again, it isn't just a process of compiling the entries and just picking the winners. They have to collect the data from various sources as to how many permits for a given hunt they can give out based on the number of animals available. Much of the data they need they are just now getting.

Wow, are you sure this is correct on the actual draw and not the Tier 1 or Tier 2? If so, how is it fair to the people and the hundreds of thousands of non refundable dollars (probably real conservative on that number) that the people spend to apply for certain hunts, that have a certain number of advertised permits that just might not be there. So what your saying is fish and game says there is (example 300 sheep tags out there). Then they let the people think "hey, that is a decent chance to get a tag" and then they apply, $15 for three hunt numbers per person, then Fish and Game says after they got the money, "Oh, guess what. There is only 150 tags for sheep". I know those numbers are extreame but whats really the difference. Thats false advertising isn't it, or in better words, stealing if non refundable money has been given.
    I can see this statement being true to the Tier 1 and 2 hunts where no money is being received and there is not a definate number of tags advertised.