Thread: cast performance loads

Default cast performance loads

i bought some cast performance 265grain gc bullets for my 454 casull and called to get a load formula for it and was told starting load at 34 grains up to 36 grains of h-110/w296 powder. i did tell them what powder i had so this is the only load i got from them. my question is has anyone used this load? checking on handloads .com they show a load of 32 grains. cp's load just seened a little high. i just don't need any problems and i also know that you can't light load h-110 powder. what do you think?

Default CP Loads

Kobuk, you can trust what Cast Performance tells you. They aren't going to bs you. What would they gain from trying to blow up your pistol? besides, with that combination, you can't really get enough H-110 into the case to blow it up anyway. I load that bullet with 27 grains in my 45 Colt. that's a great bullet and penetrates like you wouldn't believe. I fired one of those loads through one 18-20 inch cottonwood tree out on the King river ATV trail a few years back and it went so deep into the tree behind that one I couldn't dig it out with a hatchet. I gave up. awesome loads. Have fun, and hang on!

i am looking for a deer/ black bear load and was a little worried about the 265 over the 300 or 325 bullet, but this thing should be singing out the barrel and i am also using it in a puma rifle which will be even quicker yet!

Hodgdon only shows one Trail Boss load for 265g cast but those numbers (34-36 H110) are what they show for 260g cast so you should be fine any place in that range, 5g of extra bullet won’t make much difference just start low to middling then work up.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

You might check some of the boards at www dot castboolits dot com.
    In God We Trust.