Thread: Rough cut lumber.

Default Rough cut lumber.

Does anyone on here have a mill? I am needing some rough cut lumber and my source has bigger things in his life right now.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Does anyone on here have a mill? I am needing some rough cut lumber and my source has bigger things in his life right now.

Thanks,
    Mike
    If you got the time, its really cheap to get set up with a chainsaw mill, and you can mill on site. im sure you already knew this though, thought id throw it out there just in case.

I also would recommend getting a chainsaw mill if you have even a bit of free time to do it yourself.

You will be surprised at the quality and speed that you can produce everything down to 2x4's. Plus you end up owning the setup for less than the cost of your lumber.

I've been using the Alaska Chainsaw Mill from www.granberg.com/ with a Husqvarna 3120 Xp and am still impressed by how quick it slices off boards.

I don't need to build an entire cabin. I just need a few boards and buying a mill is not cost or time effective for me. Thanks for the replies.
    Mike

I believe Mat Valley Milling in Palmer by the rock elevator will cut anything you want. They are also a Woodmizer Sawmill dealer and could point you to other millers all over Alaska.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Mike,
    I have a mill at my place at Point MacKenzie and we will be out there this weekend. IM me you phone number and we can figure out a plan.
    Jim