Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of hearing about the flippin Kenai...

Exclamation Tired of hearing about the flippin Kenai...

Is there any other river in this state? This is my attempt to start a thread in which the kenai is not the main focus Lets hear about other rivers/creeks such as Kroto and Moose. Bring on the oddballs!!!! And im not COMPLETELY doggin the Kenai, just the shear numbers of people. And yes, I do make OCCASIONAL trips to the 'One and Only'.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

no there's not, and if there were we shouldn't write about them on the internet because then there will be a ton of folks fishing there
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Actually, the best fishing is on the world famous Kenai!!!!!! I also hear that there is some bombin fishing down in California!!!!
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

muzzy...

Take a look at your signature:
    Replace "golf" with "the kenai"
    Replace "trout" with "every other stream"

Personally, I'm getting really fired up to start chasing dollies in Res Bay and K Bay.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo2AK View Post
    Personally, I'm getting really fired up to start chasing dollies in Res Bay and K Bay.

Me too. But will be chasing the dollies, steelhead, and sea-run cutts on POW. Got a remote USFS cabin about 40 miles north of Ketchikan booked for a week in early May. Smolt patterns for dollies/cutts will be a new thing for me. Spent lots of time fishing for dollies, but mostly in NW Alaska. It will be fun to see a new area of the state, try out some new flies, and employ new tactics. Hell, I even got some #6 brown shrimp patterns to try in the intertidal area. Won't be long man. Spring is upon us.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo2AK View Post
    muzzy...

Make sure you let me know when your heading down to Seward. I have been dying to get out and do some fishing. I believe it has been 4 months without a rainbow or dollie for me.

After 6 posts, the Kenai has been mentioned 6 times (now 7). Yeah, this thread is working.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Anybody know a river I can float tomorrow? I would like to catch some trout, maybe a few charleys.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

There is only one.............take a guess............the first guess don't count......if you said Kenai you win a smiley
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Well, looks like I better get to bed. I have to drive to the Kenai because I want to float and fish

Sorry, I mentioned it.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Cool, have fun on the KENAI.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Chuck are you still doing the kenai? I might have to make a dash south if you dont mind toting a squarebanks guy along lol. I have my own cat, 16'.

ps, hows mom?

I am still floating the Kenai. As a matter of fact. Im having coffee now packing the truck to float the Kenai today with some friends and do some winter camping on the kenai.

P.S. tradbow I guess you did not hear about mom. We lost her on Feb 12 after her long battle with brain cancer.

So after dealing with my moms illness to this is the first time I have been on the KENAI since oct 15
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Chuck, I didn't, I'm sorry to hear that!!!

Chuck,
    I hope you enjoyed your time on the river.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LItoAK View Post
    Make sure you let me know when your heading down to Seward. I have been dying to get out and do some fishing. I believe it has been 4 months without a rainbow or dollie for me.
    Will do. I'm actually going to be in Seward next weekend (April 3-4). I'm going to the DU fundraiser at the Pit Bar on Saturday night. Not sure if I'll get any fishing in that trip, but I'll definitely be scouting out the waters. Maybe grab a beer somewhere? I'll keep you posted.

It's just about time to start hitting it hard, though.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

A couple of pics from the flippin kenai this weekend
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 05-13-2010 at 12:07.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Bristol Bay

Has lots of really nice rivers....lots of fish and wildlife, nice floats and scenery but wait.....most "Alaskan" fishermen never venture out there to see it. INstead, all I meet are visiting anglers from the lower 48....who first fished "the river which shall not be named" and then decided for the money they'd rather see a different chunk of the state....maybe some on here should try. It may be a long ways away...but it's still in the state and really isn't that expensive on a DIY trip as most would think. I do this at the cost of all the room I currently enjoy out there but am still amazed at how my fellow statesmen don't take the opportunity.

End semi rant. Come out and see real Alaska when you can.....all are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    I am still amazed at how my fellow statesmen don't take the opportunity.

Honestly, it amazes me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    A couple of pics from the flippin kenai this weekend

Chuck,

I don't see any beer or fish. Are you sure that is the Kenai?

Still, wish I was there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast