Thread: best suggestions for a youth frame .22

Default best suggestions for a youth frame .22

I am shopping for a youth frame .22 for my 9 year old daughter. hoping to get any informtion that would help.

thanks

Might be a good start. Looking at one of these for my 9 and 11 year old.

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h001y_leveryouth.cfm

Every one of our nephews has this setup....they really enjoy it because it also gives them the option of the 410. It comes with a handy storage case and are about $200 for the set.

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-deta...adcrumbseries=
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I remember that when I was 9 or 10 I was using a ruger 10-22, easy to use, fairly light and will last throughout the teen years... I still use mine to this day.. Also, good for a scope or open sights.

My 7yr old daughter has a CZ 452 Scout.
    You have the choice of single,5rd or 10 round mags.
    Can also put a full size stock on it when they out grow it.
    But it fits me fine when i have a coat on.
    It was a little heavy for her off hand shooting but this year she can hold it up fine.
    Thing is more accurate than me.

Quote Originally Posted by gpaul99 View Post
    I remember that when I was 9 or 10 I was using a ruger 10-22, easy to use, fairly light and will last throughout the teen years... I still use mine to this day.. Also, good for a scope or open sights.
    Same here I got my 10/22 at 9 and still use it 20 years later.

Default Rossi

Rossi makes a super light, small .410/.22 single shot break action. I put a sling on for my son and he loves it; packs it all day. Bought on base for about $130. Check it out.

Cast, yep, that's the link I posted up top, sounds like you got a heck of a deal though. I think we paid just under $200 at SW for theirs...
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Another vote for the CZ452 scout rifle. I think I got my wife's for around $300 but it is well worth the extra money. It is without a doubt the MOST accurate rim fire I have ever had. It is truly a fine firearm. My only complaint is the magazine. I have a 10 round magazine for it but prefer the single shot insert. The 10 round magazine kinda hangs down out of the gun and I don' like that.

When I have children, the CZ will be their first rifle.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Plus "ONE" for the: CZ-452 SCOUT They are so accurate that many adults, Myself (63) included extend the LOP for adult use.

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    Another vote for the CZ452 scout rifle. I think I got my wife's for around $300 but it is well worth the extra money. It is without a doubt the MOST accurate rim fire I have ever had. It is truly a fine firearm. My only complaint is the magazine. I have a 10 round magazine for it but prefer the single shot insert. The 10 round magazine kinda hangs down out of the gun and I don' like that.

When I have children, the CZ will be their first rifle.
    They do make a 5rd that is almost flush with the bottom of the magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Badriverman View Post
    They do make a 5rd that is almost flush with the bottom of the magwell.

The 10 Round only sticks out about an 1/8" and yes they do offer a 5 round magazine. The .22 Magnum is the one that pee's me off. So I have modified them to fit flush. Side Note: on the CZ's, I have a 453 with single set-trigger, and it is adjustable to 00-00 the 452 trigger is so adjustable as to make the Single-set trigger not needed.

Default Rossi and savage Cub

I have both the rossi 410/22 combo and savages cub rimfire. The savage is a much better made gun and a blast to shoot. They also make it in a very girl friendly, bright pink. My 8 year old duaghter just adores it and begs to get out shooting any chance we get.
    The hammer on the rossi was a little stiff for her to enjoy shooting too much.

Henry made a lil .22 lever gun, tube fed. I dont know if they still make it tho.

I like the idea of getting them a gun they can keep when they are older. I got my son a chipmunk when he was 8. He loved that gun and still likes it but at 15 and almost 6'2" it doesn't fit him.
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

1. my 9 year old has the henry youth lever, and he loves it. great gun. very accurate. it is fun to shoot, and i have used it comfortably. i am 6' 4", and like i said it is okay for me. highly recommend the gun.

The Rossi 410/22 is a great set up. My youngest loves his Marlin Lil' Buckaroo. I chose it due to the bolt action and safety is just like any other large game hunting rifle.

Default Crickets are the way to go

I have both the rossi combo and a couple crickets for my now 10 year old.

the problem with most youth .22 s is the weight.

Rossi 22/ 410 5 lbs
    henry mini bolt 5.5 lbs

ect....

Cricket 2.5 lbs...

it's a cheap little gun, but they shoot great. $120 bucks in black syn. can't beat . and when they grow out of it give it to another youngster and they will never forget!!

Default Marlin 915

I purchased this gun for my son's 7th birthday. I like stainless guns and this one fit the bill nicely. High vis sights also.
    Attached Images Attached Images