Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is a nice flyfishing landing net...

Default Here is a nice flyfishing landing net...

I ordered one of these recently and wanted to let others know about it. Often the small "trout" flyfishing nets are too small for landing 20"+ dollies/bows/etc.. I found the Wachter Net C&R Plus "Guide" model from Wachter Nets. These are high quality nets and the Guide and Masters series can have the lightweight clear rubber netting added for $20 more. You can custom order the nets in various hardwoods, some stock options, some fancy woods are available. You can have inserts on the yoke or your name engraved if you like. What I liked about the C&R Plus size is it is a 9" x 19" size net, but only 27" long (total) so you can still carry it on the back of your flyvest. On the site, you can go to "Custom Shop" and there is an option for some nets ready for immediate shipment. These are some nets in various sizes and most have the higher end wood handles. These are "custom" nets ready for immediate shipment. If you order a custom net other than these listed, turn around time is only 2-3 weeks though. Just wanted to share here in case anyone was looking for a high quality net.

http://www.wachternets.com/

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Good looking net, Dan.

Thanks for the info.

Good looking net Dan.

Just to play devils advocate.....I've found wooden handled nets on long float trips to be a liability.....Have yet to see one last 2 summers.....

Either broken on a plane, or on the float, without fail....

Just a heads up.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Where are you planning on using that pretty net?

A 19" basket means that you are netting palmable fish. The fish that I want a net for wouldn't even think of fitting in that piece of Gucci Gear

><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·..¸¸ ><((((º>`·.¸¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Now now Phish, if he tightens up the basket and has his friends (He does have friends...right?) bring the same nets and likewise adjust them, they will be all set for beachside badminton on float breaks....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

You guys have your fun. I like it. And you are joking I suspect, but others should be aware that the size of a net's hoop doesn't limit the size of fish to be netted in the same increments. Point being, a 19" long net will be quite adequate for landing fish larger than 19". The depth of the basket, width of the hoop, shape of hoop, etc... are all important variables in net design. I had looked at the Stowmaster Bass/Walleye size net, but while it would be good for the Kenai perhaps, it would not be useful anywhere one would hike in to fish. Living out of state, I have to fly with the net, so that makes it tough as well. Is that enough rationale? Ha ha.. Oh what the hell, you guys can kiss my azz.

http://www.stowmaster.net/productcar...=4&idproduct=6
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

If you goobers want something to laugh at...

I ordered a $7 Simms's logo bottle opener shaped like a trout last night from Leland

fu2

Dan, I'll make sure to bring some birds, birdies, badminton thingies and we can play a game over someone else's functional net.

I'll never float another remote river without a big net again

Dan, we wouldn't pick on ya if we didn't like ya. Well, either that or you making it so easy.

I'll try to net a big steelie with my Rocky Mountain net. It's purty too

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    If you goobers want something to laugh at...

I ordered a $7 Simms's logo bottle opener shaped like a trout last night from Leland fu2
    They threw an orange one in with my last order. Me likey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Dan, we wouldn't pick on ya if we didn't like ya. Well, either that or you making it so easy.

And if I didn't like you goobs, I wouldn't let you. I am willfully passive. Ha ha...

As for nets, I had to pick something that would look purty with the custom Simms G4's being made as we speak. Can't wait to squeeze into them. All I have used to date are Cabelas hunting waders with rubber boot feet as that is all I could fit into. G4's, freestone boots, fishpond fatboy belt, and a matching bottle opener? Of course I got a pretty net. Got my name on it to prove it is mine. ha ha... See you soon. I will be the big good looking son of a biitch

Anyone know if Simms makes orange beer coozies??

Dan, you are the posterchild for Gucci fishing. Some folks bring extra spools for sink tip lines. You bring 5 reels, 9 rods (half of which are still in the packaging), purty nets, and color coordinated undergarments.

Are you going to use that purty net for reds?

I could give two shets about a red. I am coming up in July to spend time with some new friends (and you too I guess).

As for the Gucci comment, funny stuff. While I am cultured for a redneck (pickled eggs ok but won't eat pigs feet), I have never been accused of being trendy. Just got tired of ill fitting waders. At my size, there ain't much to choose from so I figured I should do it right and do it once.

Does Simms make size 54 orange drawers?? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    Dan, you are the posterchild for Gucci fishing. Some folks bring extra spools for sink tip lines. You bring 5 reels, 9 rods (half of which are still in the packaging), purty nets, and color coordinated undergarments.

Are you going to use that purty net for reds?
    Please don't comment on how you know this.

Good catch Dean. Ha ha...

"Phish has purty drawers"

"Phish has purty drawers"

Reminds me of this self proclaimed bad ass back home that works at a local gun shop. He is always wearing a pink Browning hat

ha ha....

Good catch Dean. Been too busy in defense of myself to notice. Ha ha...
    Either that or you didn't want to comment on how he knew that info.

Remember Luke's question last summer Phish?

(In that Texas drawl of his) "I keep hearin' ya'll talk about 'Gucci' gear...What is'n that?"

<grin>

I pointed at his clothes......

...And informed him....

"It's gear folks buy to look like they know what they are doing, but in reality you can tell by the lack of patches, scuffs, and dirt that they are just wanting to pretend to know what's up...And only wear this stuff once or twice a season."

He was SO proud when he tore those $400 waders...As I was patching 'em up for him (cause Gucci gear seldom comes with repair kits, and if it does said owners always toss 'em away) he kept crowin'..."It ain't Gucci no mo'!"

That is a cute story, thanks for sharing. I just want to step over the side tube of my raft without squishing my left nut. Them one piece hunting waders are not the most comfortable. Where do I get a Simms logo repair patch??

Where do I get a Simms logo repair patch??

Son, it's fishin.....Not NASCAR......

Ya ain't gotta wear endorsements.....

Default you feeling it hippie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast