Thread: Draw Will Be late?

Default Draw Will Be late?

????????????????????????
    Last edited by alaskalouie; 03-26-2010 at 09:12. Reason: ????????????????/

Being late is no big deal. The hunts will still start on time later in the year.
    Remember the draw is not the same this year. All draws are in the same period now so they have a lot more to deal with at the same time.
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Come on people, relax, they will release the winners in due time. We've waited this long, another week or 2 isn't going to hurt anyone.

Default I Understand!

???????????????????//

Thumbs down It should not take this long

Some of us are trying to plan hunts in other states or even other instate hunts. Some have to try and arrange outfitters or drop offs. The sooner the results could be out the better for everyone. There is no reason why it should take three months to get the results out in this day and age.

Default late

The problem with this is the longer it takes for the results to be posted the fewer slots available for Air taxi's, going to suck when you draw a permit and then cant find a Air Taxi to get you in

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    Some of us are trying to plan hunts in other states or even other instate hunts. Some have to try and arrange outfitters or drop offs. The sooner the results could be out the better for everyone. There is no reason why it should take three months to get the results out in this day and age.
    We could always go back to getting the results the first week of July! Ease up peeps. The website states, "on or before march 31st." it's not the 31st yet! So, no they are not late. I would like to know as well, but pop a beer and let your feet hang down.

Quote Originally Posted by polardds View Post
    You still have till August to plan, still better than finding out in July. Settle down everyone, we will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    You still have till August to plan, still better than finding out in July. Settle down everyone, we will find out soon enough.
    That seems like a long time but remember the July results were only for the "subsistence" animals (cow moose, caribou, etc) the trophy hunts were all done in the winter w/ a much earlier release under the 2 draw program. The majority of the fly out hunters were on the early draw (sheep, brown bear, goats, trophy moose, etc). I no doubt that ADF&G will not release the permits on anything but a Friday afternoon. The server will be hammered w/ queries and people will not be able to access it so they will call or they won't have internet but will hear that the results are out so they will call. If you drop the results on Wednesday at noon you will get blasted, if you drop them at 1655 on Friday people will have the whole weekend to figure out if they won with the added benefit of it providing enough time for it to be published in the paper. By Monday morning everyone who really cares will know the score.
    I will be shocked if I am wrong but I bet it will either be today or they will be "late" and released the first Friday in April.

Talking Hey LuJon!

I think this would be a great time for you to bump my "DRAW PERMITS ARE OUT" thread again. LOL
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.

Default bummer.....

Quote Originally Posted by lynch:( View Post
    I think this would be a great time for you to bump my "DRAW PERMITS ARE OUT" thread again. LOL
    Darn, It's closed.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch View Post

Yes, let's bump that thread. Right off a cliff. It's author too.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Talking

Wow, I fee sorry for some of your guys teachers that you had in grade school. It seem that there are a few on here that need to take their Ridllyn(sp?).

Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Urhrhrhr I need to know if it it time for recess!!!

Oh and teacher what time will we be having lunch next week? I need to plan on weather I am going to have a sandwhich or soup.

Sorry saw an opening.

Default Ritalin

Quote Originally Posted by mallardman View Post
    Wow, I fee sorry for some of your guys teachers that you had in grade school. It seem that there are a few on here that need to take their Ridllyn(sp?).

Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Is it recess yet?
    Urhrhrhr I need to know if it it time for recess!!!

Oh and teacher what time will we be having lunch next week? I need to plan on weather I am going to have a sandwhich or soup.

Sorry saw an opening.
    Imagine what they're like in the field when they are waiting for a plane pick up. Chompin at the bit. Just kiddin. I think we are all really anxious to see the results. I better be gettin something. I am tired of not drawing tags. I buddy I work with drew 2 valley cow tags in a row. What is up with that? And I can never draw a chugach bowhunting sheep tag. Even though they are supposed to be a high percentage draw.

Default Draw Hunts

Keep in mind that many of these draw hunts are managed with a very thin margin of error to allow for the most opportunity without damaging the resource. Some hunts are still ongoing when the application period ends so managers may have to adjust permit allocations based on additional harvest. Permit allocations may also be adjusted after winter/spring surveys. Because of snow conditions, many of this years surveys happened late, some even just a couple weeks ago. I'm sure the F&G program techs are working long and hard to get those results out ASAP.

I look at it this way.

Right now I only have to wait a few more days/weeks for results to come out.

Once the harsh reality of not being drawn again slaps me in the face, I will have to wait a whole year to get this exited again.

The day permit results come out, I am only allowed to be excited for a few short minutes until dissapointment sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    That seems like a long time but remember the July results were only for the "subsistence" animals (cow moose, caribou, etc) the trophy hunts were all done in the winter w/ a much earlier release under the 2 draw program. The majority of the fly out hunters were on the early draw (sheep, brown bear, goats, trophy moose, etc).
    True, but the 20A and unit 14 caribou draw tags are both trophy hunts that you can fly in for. Plus I would always wait to find out what caribou/moose tags i would draw in july before i booked my sheep trips. July results werent necesarely "subsistance" hunts, what about FT. Rich any bull?

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    The day permit results come out, I am only allowed to be excited for a few short minutes until dissapointment sets in.
    Amen brotha', AMEN!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!