Thread: Delta Bison Hunt, Buffalo down

Default Delta Bison Hunt, Buffalo down

I had an amazing time. I finnaly bagged a big game trophy up here in Alaska. Only my second animal I've shot in my life, The first a white tail doe in Montana. I know I am privaliged to draw a great permit. I put the story on my profile, all I can say is what a rush and a very lucky shot. One bullet from a 300 win mag that wasn't adjusted to me. But put her down, a double lung shot at 100 yards. It wasn't easy though. I put my time and effort into it. It was not an easy hunt until the last day. It took 11 days of hiking, snowmaching, and glassing fields. My piece of advice is when you are ready to give up give it another day or two or three. Also talk to as many people you can about the area and where they should be at. They are moving all the time. If any of you get a permit pm me and I love to give you some hints and people to talk to. Plus where you should stay cause they will let you know where they are and if they have seen any recently.

Thumbs up

looks like you put your time in and it paid off...great pics congrats

Thanks nice ram.

Talking sweet

sweet, nice job. sounds like you had a blast.

Congratulations on a great hunt, enjoyed the photos and the story.

Awesome to see the Ladies bringing home the beef, I mean bison...

Steve

Oh man I heard it was good eating and I finnaly got to taste it. I plan to harvest one every couple years, save on the beef cost. Of course it will have to be on a ranch, still will cost about the same as this hunt.

Very nice. Glad you kept at it and sure is super when the plan finally comes together. It probably would not have been half as much fun to get the buffalo on the first day . Just kidding, glad you and your husband had the tenacity to stick with it, and many more.

congrats on the bison some good eaten there

Great job and nice story. I got news for you though, there aren't any of them that are "small". Gottal love the fur hat!

Congrats on finally connecting and way to stick with it. It took my dad 4 trips down to Delta this year to connect. We were getting pretty discouraged as well. What a rush it was to finally see the bison.

Gotta agree with you on the meat, it is hard to top.

...This is awesome.....Congratulations!....that is a beautiful animal!-
    - and, lots of wonderful meat for the freezer, as you said!

-I really enjoyed reading about the hunt, and seeing your pictures!

-thankyou for posting!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Where be the pix?

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    Where be the pix?
    ...I was wondering that too, at first...then I went back and re-read her post...
    -she has the story and pics on her profile!...

-I have enjoyed just now, going back and looking at the pics a second time!
    -Congratulations on a splendid animal!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Default I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by aksheephuntress View Post
    ...I was wondering that too, at first...then I went back and re-read her post...
    -she has the story and pics on her profile!...

-I have enjoyed just now, going back and looking at the pics a second time!
    -Congratulations on a splendid animal!
    I can't figure out how to get the picture on the main thread. I have it as my profile pic but don't understand how to get it there when I'm posting something.

Congrads on the hunt, like I said earlier today make sure you don't get away with anything less then a Life Size Mount!! Put you know who to work.

Default What a hunt story

That's a great story, Thanks for posting, and all the pictures are excellent

There's a thread somewhere (probably on the Outdoors Photography Forum, or ask Brian M about it) that details posting photos. It takes a few attempts to figure out but is fun and worth getting down. However you got these pics on your profile, it is probably just about copy and paste from there to the body of your post here and you'll see it is easier than you might expect.

Glad you got them to us on your profile tho, really enjoyed the whole story, your son hanging in there, husband thinking you were messing with him when you spotted them,etc.

Again, Great Story, you are one awesome Mom

Great post, good read, good pics. Glad to see you put in the effort and truly appreciate a hunt like that, well done. I too, have dined on a year's worth of Delta buffalo....good stuff!

Thumbs up Way to go!!

Way to go, Tundratangirl. Great photos and thanks for sharing the hunt with us. Most of us love to hear of hunts like this and ALL of us hope for one like it. Appreciate you thinking of us. Good luck on your next hunt..............

Mike