Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawing results to be released on the 31st

Default Drawing results to be released on the 31st

Well guys I got a little inside information this afternoon and the results will not be released till the 31st of March. Talk about waiting till the last minute.
    So on a good note we only have 6 more days till our dreams get shattered again... But until then I can hope for my Delta bison

I think I can live with that. Tuesday and all day Wednesday is going to suck though. We all put in for so many permits this year we are bound to draw something.

How is it that everyone and their brother on here has inside connections? Where's my inside connection?

I can live with the 31st, but coming home from a hare hunt to permit results tomorrow afternoon would be nice.

Default ahhahahhaa

i can't wait for the april fools jokes....this is gonna be great
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default I Can Wait

If I hadn't shaved since I was last drawn for any permits I would be walking on my beard. Surely I might be drawn this year for a change.

Default more specific

what i was told too the 31st, but more specific it was mid or late afternoon on the 31st. can you confirm?

also, is it true that this drawing will be the last drawing for 3-5 years; and many hunts in a majority of the areas of the state will be closed completely or signifigantly reduced?

to top it off -i also heard that BOG is looking into making the remaining hunts only open to the use of spit wad's and rubberband guns to harvest game?

is that the same thing you heard? can you confirm?

I still like cgswimmer's insider better

Yep, I kept telling people they will do it 31st. Then the weekend of the sortsman show they will print winners in the paper
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Angry Insider

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    How is it that everyone and their brother on here has inside connections? Where's my inside connection?

I can live with the 31st, but coming home from a hare hunt to permit results tomorrow afternoon would be nice.

But everyones insider has been wrong so far

regardless of what the "insiders" say, we'll all be at the computer at 5pm hitting refresh every 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0335 View Post
    But everyones insider has been wrong so far
    Ha! Good point. Maybe having an "insider" would be more stressful than just being blissfully ignorant.

Default It's a shame

Truly a shame! It's a computerized program, they were able to release Kodiak spring bear almost 6 weeks ago (same data input as everyone else). With Mat-su show going on this weekend I would not like it as a vendor, knowing people might hold back on a purchase. It was also interesting at banquets this winter hearing people say, ..."I would bid on this hunt if I knew I wasn't going to get a permit" (don't you think it hunt some fun rasiers). This might have or have not driven up the bidding for good causes.

When AK hunters get a permit or not we stimulate the alaska business (we spend money period). Buying new ATV's, backpacks, guns, clothing, etc... . It may as well effect other economic areas also, but enough said!
    Waiting till the last day to release the permits is "SIMPLY BAD FOR ALASKA BUSINESS".

Default release date

when was the last time results were released mid week and not on a Friday, if its not today my bet is first friday in April

Hopefully today at beer:30 that drunken intern at F&G will trip over an animal skull laying on the floor, stumble over to the computer and hit the big red button.
    My insider tells me its going to be 4:30 pm, 3/26 and I will be winning my sheep tag....
    Too bad I'm not a politician. Also, my insider is a German Shorthair named Chet. He very smart.

Default ...

I like the old system better. the new one (at least what i've seen) just takes you to the page, but doesn't let you search anything. Basically i'm just waiting for "that link" to come up. Not to mention, 100000 folks hitting that button and shutting down F&Gs server.....

Just tell me already, so I can start on other plans!!!!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

i belive it when i see it....i'm still thinkin' it won't be till april
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

This is just like Christmas in March, or April. Everyone waiting to open the gifts they got, only to be dissapointed that you got socks again this year and not the Red Rider BB Gun with a compass in the stock.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Smile

I am excited as anyone as that is my first year for me and the better half to apply for resident tags. However, those of you complaining about having to wait till the 31st should sit back and realize how good the Alaska system really is and relish all the opportunities that are at our feet. Also remember that they said by the 31st, not the last Friday of March. Over the last few years I have applied for just about all species in over ten different states and most of the western states require up front money for the tags (over $3,000 for NM bighorn), don’t let you know results till sometime in the summer, then refund your money a month or two afterward that. Most of these hunts also require a lot of reservations, travel planning, requested time off work, etc. So sit back, hope the clock hits beer:30 a little early today and wait for the results in the coming days.

AND PLEASE DON’T START ANY FALSE THREADS OF RESULTS BEING OUT BECAUSE THIS GUY FALLS FOR IT EVERY TIME (PLUS THEY AREN’T VERY ORGINAL AT THIS POINT)

Can't wait to see the replys to Killdgoose's message and advice to all these salty forum readers. "Smell me some greenhorn cooking for supper"...good luck Killdgoose...

Default He's Sick

I think Killdgoose is suffering from Wasyphillis, he delirious and not realizing what he's talking about. If he is being honest he could end up a Cordaver by some of the forum members in here. Take two and come back tomorrow with a better responce Killdgoose.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast