Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks, Mark Richards. Great editorial!

Default Thanks, Mark Richards. Great editorial!

Just wanted to thank you for a well written editorial in the ADN today.

Dave

And so it begins........

Default uh oh

was wondering how long it was going to take before it showed up here

Default Palin again

Really getting tired of hearing this name and how its involed in many personal gains for those who kissed her ass

Wow, there was some real mistakes/misleadings in that article. I don't know Mr. Richards, but I have a feeling he knows full well what the truth is on a couple of matters and wrote his editorial in a way to deceive readers.

Thumbs up

Now THAT's change I can believe in!

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Wow, there was some real mistakes/misleadings in that article. I don't know Mr. Richards, but I have a feeling he knows full well what the truth is on a couple of matters and wrote his editorial in a way to deceive readers.
    ......I don't think so at all.....

I don't know what to think about all of this yet; it's quite concerning and complicated;
    - but I don't think the statement against Mark Richards is true at all....
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

like what?

wrote his editorial in a way to deceive readers.

please provide details jerod. what are the misleadings you speak of? what are the untruths you would like to correct?

Come on Jerod, spill the beans. You wouldn't happen to be a SFW member now would you?

There was quite a bit of talk on 650 Am this morning with Rick Rydell , he was not impressed with the article at all.

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Theres so much politics involved in all this crap anymore that you dont know who to believe. Mark (aka bushrat) is a very knowledgeable guy, but I am not neccessarily supportive of ABHA (which he is a founder of) and their focus issues. Whether it be the current F&G commissioner or any one of the organizations that lobby to affect our fish & game laws, all of them spin things towards their best interest or ideologies. Thats politics for ya. This state has some serious issues in the wildlife management role, but I dont believe theres any one person out there that can fix it, too much bs has been spun over the years confusing everyone of everything, and way too many hands in the pot, and everyone of them hands wants to pull something specific out of it.

Who ever is right or wrong nobody in a position of power will have an insider conversation with Mark again.

Are Jerod and Sherpa going to be hounded off the fourm now because they disagree with BHA?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

[QUOTE=jkb;696774]Who ever is right or wrong nobody in a position of power will have an insider conversation with Mark again.

Are Jerod and Sherpa going to be hounded off the fourm now because they disagree with BHA?[/QUOTE]

I hope not!...that wouldn't be right, either!!
    ....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Theres so much politics involved in all this crap anymore that you dont know who to believe. Mark (aka bushrat) is a very knowledgeable guy, but I am not neccessarily supportive of ABHA (which he is a founder of) and their focus issues. Whether it be the current F&G commissioner or any one of the organizations that lobby to affect our fish & game laws, all of them spin things towards their best interest or ideologies. Thats politics for ya. This state has some serious issues in the wildlife management role, but I dont believe theres any one person out there that can fix it, too much bs has been spun over the years confusing everyone of everything, and way too many hands in the pot, and everyone of them hands wants to pull something specific out of it.
    ...with as controversial as this seems to be, wouldn't it be more appropriate or useful in the Game Management room?
    -It seems a shame for so many people on the web to be able to see us, as hunters, at odds with each other in this particular way....

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Are Jerod and Sherpa going to be hounded off the fourm now because they disagree with BHA?
    When has anything like that ever happened? Mark has often been the minority opinion, and nobody has been chastised for disagreeing with him as long as its kept within the bound of the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by aksheephuntress View Post
    It seems a shame for so many people on the web to be able to see us, as hunters, at odds with each other in this particular way....
    Since it is a game management issue, you're probably right that it should be moved. I disagree that it is a shame for folks to see hunters having a discussion of this nature, though. It is a productive, strengthening process when thinking adults can debate the merits of their respective positions. In the end we're stronger when we reflect on why we do what we do. The idea that we should always present a united front in based in a fallacy that it will somehow protect that which we hold dear. What will protect our future as hunters is doing things right - though we disagree on what that means. It's not unlike parents being concerned about fighting in front of their children. I'm of the thought that parents shouldn't yell in front of their kids, but being able to calmly discuss differences and seek common ground in front of the kids is a good thing. Similarly, being able to discuss differences among hunters in pursuit of better management practices is a good thing to demonstrate to the non-hunting public. It shows that we care deeply about wildlife and our way of life, even if we do disagree about how best to proceed.

Default First item...

A couple of days later Assistant Commissioner Rossi represented Fish and Game before the Board of Game in support of the very same controversial proposals Rossi had helped draft and promote as an SFW-AK board member (submitted under the name of the SFW sister organization, Sportsmen for Habitat) just prior to going to work for the department, to legalize the snaring of bears and helicopter transport of hunters who participate in the Unit 16 bear control efforts west of Anchorage.

It was a clear conflict of interest, and a 180-degree position shift by the department that a year ago had stated in writing to the Board of Game:

"The department does not support the taking of any grizzly bear by trapping, snaring, or same-day-airborne, or the sale of tanned bear hides, even in brown bear predator-control areas."
    My understanding was that the proposal was to allow the snaring of black bears. The departments quote was referring to grizzly bears. Wasn't it suggested with the intention that all grizzly bears be released?

Default Second item...

I say "their man" Rossi because from the time Rossi was appointed assistant commissioner, and up until March 13, he was still listed on the SFW web site as a voting board member of SFW-AK.
    This would mislead people into thinking that Rossi is still a board member of SFW due to the SFW not updating their website. I think the truth can be found out pretty easily and the accusation should be either proven, or left out. A simple call could have verified this and a request for the website to be updated be submitted rather than imply he is still an active board member when he is not. With the amount of time and research (?) that went into this editorial, this should have been done.

Small things like this tend to discredit the writer in my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast