Thread: fogging binos

Default fogging binos

Does anyone have a solution for fogging of binos in colder weather when you but them up to your eyes?

make sure you don't breath on them on the way up

and I put the eyecups in the "eyeglass" mode that will get them a little further away from your body warmth

(I happen to glass that way all the time so it might be easy for me to say but not be something that works for you)

Default breathing

I'm sure I'm not breathing on them putting them up. It's comming from eyes and eye brows and i'm not cousin IT That what is being a pain. Am I the only one that is having this problem? Is there anything that anyone is putting on their glasses to help prevent this?

I think it has to do with warm moist air from our body hitting the glass. Which is why I wear contact lenses instead of glasses lots of the time hunting. I just deal with it by pulling the binos away slightly.

yep just try and keep them away from your face a little bit. There is stuff out there to put on glass to stop it from fogging but with the fancy bino coatings there is no way I would smear anything on them! One trick I learned while winter hunting from a sno-go is to wear one of the no-fog masks while riding in cold temps and leave it on when stalking an animal. The mask directs your breath straight down and can really help to keep you from breathing on your rifle scope.

Default friction

i use a chamois cloth to clean my lenses anyway and when i get this warm/cold fogging....i jsut make sure my chamois cloth is dirt free and rub the crap out of the glass heating it up...it may take one or two time to get it up to temp but it usually works for a little bit unless its super super cold
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

Default The only thing

The only thing I have work for me is to slide my binocs inside my coat while I'm walking or riding. There's no way optics aren't going to fog when your hot moist breath or the vapor from your eyes hit that cold glass, no matter what the coating.

I even gave thought about taping a hand warmer packet to each glass. That'd do the trick!