Thread: Kel-tec PMR-30

Default Kel-tec PMR-30

So, Kel-Tec has come out with this new 30rd .22mag pistol called the PMR-30. I shoot a lot of .22mag, both revolver and rifle, and I think this new gun from Kel-tec should be the neatest thing since sliced-bread. just as long as it functions reliably, and is priced reasonably I can't wait to try one out.

http://www.brassfetcher.com/A%20brie...%20handgun.pdf

What does everyone else think?
    -J

When I shoot a 22 Mag, it's because I need the extra performance over a 22LR. The extra expense of 22 Mag in a handgun isn't worth it as there's nothing within handgun range that I can't kill with the much cheaper 22LR.

If they ever make a version in 22LR I'd certainly consider it, but as a 22 Mag it just doesn't make much sense

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    When I shoot a 22 Mag, it's because I need the extra performance over a 22LR. The extra expense of 22 Mag in a handgun isn't worth it as there's nothing within handgun range that I can't kill with the much cheaper 22LR.

If they ever make a version in 22LR I'd certainly consider it, but as a 22 Mag it just doesn't make much sense
    except people, 22 mag is much better on them.

It might not make sense, but I still like it! Turns squirrels inside-out, which I rather enjoy. Filthy Verminous Rodent-Cong!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    except people, 22 mag is much better on them.
    My people stopper handguns are all in calibers that start with a "4"

I can't envision a situation where I'd be somewhere with only that pistol available to me for defense.

If I happen to have a 22 out of the holster or pack and in my hands when a gun is desperately needed, it'd be a cylinder (or magazine) of quick shots while I seek distance and cover to transition to my primary weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Nut View Post
    My people stopper handguns are all in calibers that start with a "4"

I can't envision a situation where I'd be somewhere with only that pistol available to me for defense.

If I happen to have a 22 out of the holster or pack and in my hands when a gun is desperately needed, it'd be a cylinder (or magazine) of quick shots while I seek distance and cover to transition to my primary weapon.
    While agree with your view on people guns, I was just pointing out one place where your statement showed some cracks. I could also see some value in the little kel-tec if it was accurate as a close in side-arm for predator hunting with a larger primary rifle. I like my 223 but if I had a chance to switch over to a 22 mag on a close in lynx it may be worth the swap. It may also be nice for shooting swimming caribou in the traditional manner. A 30 round mag could put a lot of meat in the sport-john in short order!

Default ...

I'm getting one just as soon as they hit the market. Have upgraded the trapline rifle to .22mag and carried a single six with CB shorts for wolverine dispatch. Will continue that but add this. I can think of a fee critters where the rifle wouldn't quite work for my needs but a handgun would, but a 22 short isn't enough. This gun will be a wolf SLAYER!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Default .22 Win. Magnum muzzle blast

If you value your hearing, wear protection whenever shooting a .22 Win. Mag out of a pistol. Much worse than a .22LR and some centerfire rounds. I've not tried the 50 grain Federal load, so don't know if it is better or worse for blast. For me, the .22 Mag only makes sense out of a long barrel.