Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neat Pics...

Default Neat Pics...

Shot a deer down on kodiak this november at 300 yards, he was running two does, thru the small pass, deer ran about 40 yards and died, before i could load my gun back up, this bear ran thru the pass grabbed up my deer and took off. i was lucky to get the video of him that these pics are taken from. never even got to lay my hands on the rack, turns out the buck was running the does at all...the bear was running them all. Neat to see, but a tough way to punch your last tag!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default heres the last one

pics aren't in order but here his is dragging the deer, not the best quality but still cool to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Master guide 212

Post Wow

Wow that must have been exciting!You never know what mother nature pulls out of her pocket!

BRWNBR, can you attach a short video clip??

man i have no idea how to do the video clip stuff, let alone just get it to my computer. is there some site thats set up for loading that kind of stuff? i have the cables and stuff, i guess i could try it later.
    Master guide 212

Default MAC

BRWNBR-

That is one of the things I love about Macintosh. So easy to handle pics, video, etc. Would have loved to been on the mountain watching that one.

-Carnivore

i dont' think it would matter if i had mac windows or something i invented myself...lotta stuff to figure out. i'm checking on it now.
    Master guide 212

If it is in wma format you can upload it to www.putfile.com or www.youtube.com fairly easily, as long as these files are dozens of megs. Once the video is uploaded then post the link. If you can attach photos you should be able to upload a video clip.

i'll look into it, i found the disk for loadin' the drive or whatever for my camera i'll play with it later tonight.
    Master guide 212

Smile

Sorry man, I just assumed that you had the video on your computer that you got the stills from. I didn't mean to give you a headache.

Ditto on Mac. Even on my G4asaurus (7 year old first generation) I can still run the cool apps like FCP and CS2.

I just tried to upload a video clip as an attachment here (.mov file) and it's not a recognized file type for attaching. Dang.

A few years ago while riding up the river in my jet boat we saw a grizzly taking a calf away from mama moose right in the middle of the river. It all happened so fast that none of the four people in the boat had time to get any pictures or anything. We all remember it exactly as it happened to this day. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.

hey no worries, i think i've figured out how to put the video on my computer i'll try to put it in youtube and just give you guys a link to see it. take me a bit but would be cool to figure out.
    Master guide 212

Dude, those are some cool pictures. Sorry about the loss of your deer.

matt you can see the video clip on page two i think it is of the whole thing!
    Master guide 212

Default Nice stuff!

The images are not bad for video! You must be using a pretty good camera. Which one is it?

Too bad about the loss of the deer though. That's some fine eating there...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

mike, ya it was my best deer of the trip, my last tag too. i felt guilty and punched my tag after he took it jsut to keep myself from getting talked into shooting another deer...
    the camera is a panasonic G something or other it has the 3CCD chips in it, the smallest camera that does. if you look on page two of the threads you can see the video clip of teh bear taking the deer.
    under bear and deer video i think its called.
    Master guide 212

Thumbs up The rest of the story!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ssEy4-z8g&NR

This is the video footage that brwnbr posted on youtube. He has got some other neat footage uploaded there also.

Thanks Brwnbr

bigmnt

PS, kida gives a little more meaning to the dinnerbell bear post....

Here is a nice site to post video. All hunting related and many species. I have some duck hunting video from last year.

http://www.huntingfootage.com/index.php

the ironic part if the whole deer/bear run is was that the bear was running the deer when i shot him, so he was already on his trail but he hadn't come outa the brush yet, if i had waited a few more seconds i woulda seen the bear and probalby not have shot, but being it was a good buck didn't forsee any of this happening.
    glad you guys enjoy....just imagne what would have happened if i shot the deer ar 40 yards instead of 300?
    Master guide 212

BRWNBR,
    You lost your deer, but it seems like you still had a great experience. Sorry for the loss, but on the bright side, you have seen something that not many get to see and now you are sharing it with us. Thanks.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. - Henry David Thoreau

ahh the loss of the deer was minimal compared to what i gained, it wasn't like he was wounded and got away or fell in the ocean, something got him that really appreciated me shooting it and i got to see something really neat, let alone get it on video!
    Master guide 212

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast