Thread: Yamaha 700 triple help

Default Yamaha 700 triple help

I am putting a riser and extended cables on my MM. I figure there has to be some trick to replacing the oil pump cable, I can not figure it out??
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    I am putting a riser and extended cables on my MM. I figure there has to be some trick to replacing the oil pump cable, I can not figure it out??

Still need a hand??? Let me know. PM me to catch my attention.

Default The answer is

I got some help from another forum, just in case someone else needs the instructions here they are: remove air box, remove the three carbs leaving the boots on the block(only unplug the fuel lines and not the coolant lines), remove the center and right carb boots, remove the center motor mount and you are there, the oil pump will at this point be exposed. This sounds harder than it actually is. It took me two hours and a couple beers from the time I started until I had the machine buttoned back up ready to ride. If anyone has questions shoot me a PM and I'll help where I can.

RIDE AK!!
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge