since I made a batch this week I thought I might share this recipe I have been using for a while.. everyone that trys it loves it. Easy, good flavor and of course jerky is a good source of protein.
FLYERGIRL’S BEEF JERKY
1# FLANK STEAK
1 TSP SEASONING SALT
½ TSP GARLIC PWD
½ TSP ONION PWD
¼ TSP PEPPER
1/3 CUP LA CHOY SOY SAUCE
1/3 CUP WORCHESTERSHIRE SAUCE
2 TABLESPOONS LIQUID SMOKE
1. PAT THE FLANK SEAK DRY AND SLICE INTO THIN STRIPS ACROSS THE GRAIN
2. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS AND MEAT SLICES IN A 1 GALLON PLASTIC BAG
MAKING SURE EACH PIECE IS GETTING MARINATED
3. REFREIDGERATE OVERNIGHT
4. DRAIN MEAT ON PAPER TOWELS, BLOTTING WELL
5. PLACE MEAT DIRECTLY ON OVEN RACK AND COOK 140 DEGREES FOR 3 HOURS or more ( or until done) sometimes I crank the heat up to 160 for a hour then back down to the 140) I have an Electrolux oven that has a dehydrator that does an aamzaing job)
6. IT HELPS TO PUT FOIL ON OVEN FLOOR TO CATCH THE DRIPS
7. KEEP IN ZIPLOCK AND REFRIDGERATE OVERNIGHT
NOTE THE SMELL IS VERY VERY STRONG WHEN COOKING YOU MIGHT WANT THE FAN ON BUT OH SO GOOD WHEN DONE!!!
another note...I slice this oh so super think that it looks like strips the size ofa pencil...I used flank steak this time but I have used cheap steak thatis already sliced thin from Safeway in the past. don't hunt anymore so don't have moose but I know that would be awsome...