Thread: 9.3 nosler accubond shootimg high

Default 9.3 nosler accubond shootimg high

I recently shot 286g Hornadys accurately centered at 2.5 above point of aim at 100 yds. 10 minutes later a series of 250 accubonds landed 4-4.5 above point of aim. Same rifle, conditions etc. I have never experienced such a dramatic change in trajectory in any of my other rifles. Any thoughts, other than aim two inches lower when using 250s

Cheers.

You shot two different brands of bullets at different speeds. Of course you should expect them to shoot to a different point of impact.
    Tennessee

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    You shot two different brands of bullets at different speeds. Of course you should expect them to shoot to a different point of impact.
    Yepper.
    Two different loads should have a different POI. Sometimes it's a lot, and sometimes it's not.

You have all these variables. Velocity, Weight, Bullet Shape, Powder Type, Powder Charge, and who knows what else, like at what point in the rifle barrel vibration the bullet leaves the barrel.

It's probably more amazing that bullets in different loads impact close to each other, but that CAN happen, and maybe that's what you're used to.

So far, my 280 Rem. with the new barrel shoots 4 different loads to the same general POI. They are all the same windage-wise, and there is a little diff, in how high they are at 100 yards. (2.5 to 3.5 inches high.) The rifle shoots 3 of the loads under an inch, and one nearly so.

I think it's because the rifle is an accurate one, by my standards, anyway.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I expected a difference but all of my other rifles fire their various bullet weights close enough to not be concerned when switching from one to another or even as is the case with my .270 to the same poi. For some reason I expected the 9.3 to be like this. No big deal.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by 35gibber View Post
    I expected a difference but all of my other rifles fire their various bullet weights close enough to not be concerned when switching from one to another or even as is the case with my .270 to the same poi. For some reason I expected the 9.3 to be like this. No big deal.
    My 280 has been the only rifle in which, I could use different loads and keep the same sight-in.

I tend to have the opposite expectation.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.