Thread: Canoe Lake Stinks!

Default Canoe Lake Stinks!

Well I was plannin on goin to Irene lake this morning in the KB complex but.....the first hill past canoe is impassable (at least for me it was), made it 1/2 way up in 2wheel, then ALMOST to the very top in 4wheel, but then slid almost uncontrollably down backwards, even lockin up my e brake didnt help, decided to just settle for canoe cuz even if i could make it up and over, the backside of that hill to irene is always worse ( cant even imagine what the hill up to long lake access is like).... so fished canoe for awhile, punched 7 holes all over that front half of the lake, fished single eggs, jigs, small spoons, and bro bugs, in 2-15 feet of water with zero results.....was fairly decent weather so i guess it wasnt a complete waste of time.....been told that canoe lake is full of small grayling and small bows....but i didnt even see any blood on the ice and there was lots of holes on that lake.

Release Lake Trout

Default canoe lake

Ive fished that lake in the summer, theres some nice bows in that lake a few over 25 inches, ive seen them in the spring in the shallows, i know useing night crawlers is a trick!

Ive seen huge rainbows in there
    plenty of frogs and lil shrimp like criiters for feed

wheres canoe lake at?

never mind KB complex....duh keplar bradley

yea i like to long lake in the summer. it is just plain ol fun! take a number 1 lime green vibrax, make it a single hook, and get ready!

Release Lake Trout

I grew up in that area and have fished canoe LOTS over the years. Last time was last year. There are some very nice rainbows in that lake and it's FULL of grayling that actually bite thru the ice. I only fish it RIGHT after freeze up. This time of year fishing on all lakes is rather slow and boring. A decent sized white haired lead head jig works great. Also Sweedish Pimples work too. You want to be in about 4-6 feet of water right on the edge of the weeds on the front part of the lake. I'm guessing 40-50 yards out....

Smile

Thanks Steve. Good post!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"