Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV Insurance? Do you have it?

Question ATV Insurance? Do you have it?

ATV Insurance? Do you have it? Is it worth it? Any good stories where insurance saved you a big loss? If you do have and have made a claim was the company good to deal with? Any company out there to stay away from?

I have Bike-Line and have had them for several years, both motorcycle and atv. I used them once for atv and once for motorcycle and both accidents cost around $5000 each and they were great to work with. Forgot to mention, premiums were reasonable to.

Default How timely...

Just yesterday I began wondering just how many folks do carry insurance and even came upon an old thread on this board relating to it. I'd like to see a poll to get some sense of the percentage of riders with insurance, what kind (just liability, comprehensive, etc), and how old their ride is.

Ran across this frightening fella... http://www.chadwickmcgrady.com/Perso...hicle.shtml.:(

Makes you afraid the leave the house.

Default Insurance is cheap

I have a 2010 Polaris Ranger 6X6, 2005 Polaris 900 RMK, 2003 Polaris 800 Vertical Escape. All three are insured, full coverage, (collision, comprehensive, and liability). Come May USAA allows me to switch from full coverage on my snowmachines to "storage" (Comprehensive and Collision) coverage, save a few bucks. I just checked my policy and the Ranger costs me about $28 for 6 months coverage for Collision and Comprehensive with a Comprehensive deductible of $100 and Collision deductible of $200. I guess that must be the "storage" coverage. I'll need to add the liability portion here in a few weeks

The snowmachines cost about $314 total for both for 6 months of full coverage (liability, comprehensive, and collision). For the snowmachines Property Damage deductible is $250, Comprehensive and Collision deductibe is $100.

So, if I had all my toys fully covered the whole year I'd probably be looking at about $65-70 per month. I've never filed a claim but anything other than a mechanical problem is covered and I'm only out $100 - $250. Worth it to me.

Default progressive

I have two brute force 750's and a grizzle 350. I pay 36.00 a month for full coverage. Wrecked my bf last summer dropped it off at the fun center and progressive had me a check - 100$ deductable in 3 days for the repairs. My monthly payment did not change.

I have full coverage on my argo had a claim last year had a strap break on the trailer going down the road and it came off. Progressive took great care of me. 100 deductable and I pay 250 for 6 months of full coverage.

Default Rate hike

Not sure how all insurances work, but when I discussed with USAA if a claim would increase my premiums what I was told was that for certain damage and coverages there is a "maximum allotted" that USAA will pay out above the deductible. If the cost of repairs after the deductible is more than the "maximum allotted" then USAA will still cover the total bill, but then there will be a "surcharge" added to my premium to recoup the cost. So in some cases, at least with USAA, a claim will not increase my premiums, but in some extreme very costly cases it might.

Full coverage with Progressive. Cost about $250.00 a year for a $12,000.00 machine and a $500.00 deductible. Son totaled the last ATV when it was less than 6 months old. Progressive took decent care of me.

RMK

Default I carry liability

I carry liability only on my snow machines. It only cost me about 20 bucks a year with State Farm. Snow machines depreciate so fast, I'm not worried about full coverage, but I hate to think what would happen if I had an accident out on the trail and hurt someone else. It's remote, but it can happen.

I just have liability. Required down here in Idaho to ride on the roads. Progressive $75 a year.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Default I had a machine ripped off...

I had a machine ripped off right out of my yard. It was chained to a tree. The insurance agent took me down to the atv dealer and we picked a new one right off of the showroom floor. My wife is in the insurance biz and everything we own is insured.

It worked for me. I have full insurance on all of my rigs. Progressive.

Al

I had over 1500 bucks in damage to my ATV from a part failure and Progressive paid it all to get it fixed..

I have 2 ATV a Polaris Youth RZR and a Jetski and all are insured .. its worth it in the end..

After my claim my rates didnt increase at all its sweet to be able to have a wrecked quad and get it fixed for nothing lol.

I've never thought about it much until reading this thread. I went online to Progressive and got full insurance for 2 machines for $276 a year (paid in full)...I think it was about $50 more of you make payments.
    Anyway...thanks for the great info guys. Hopefully I'll never need it, but if something happens it's good to know it's covered.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaal View Post
    I had a machine ripped off right out of my yard. It was chained to a tree. The insurance agent took me down to the atv dealer and we picked a new one right off of the showroom floor. My wife is in the insurance biz and everything we own is insured.

It worked for me. I have full insurance on all of my rigs. Progressive.

Al
    Thats the big one up here, cant count how many guys I know that have had 4wheelers, motorcylces or Snowmachines stolen. from their trucks, trailers or yards, iIt happens all the time. I always have full coverage on my toys, and its more for theft than anything else.

Sounds like my idea is not crazy.. : ) I purchased full coverage for $277 a year via Allstate... Might explore other companies for next year's renewal, but works for now... Thanks!

Default I have it on all

I have 2 sleds and a 4 x 4 insured. Just added my 08 6 x 6 ranger for $204 per year wiht State farm. %00.00 deductable.
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

$30 a year for Liability through State Farm for a year. What we saved on premiums over the last 20 years would pay for a couple of new machines.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    $30 a year for Liability through State Farm for a year. What we saved on premiums over the last 20 years would pay for a couple of new machines.
    Insurance premiums always seem like a waste of money if you haven't had a claim. Hopefully my life insurance premiums will be waste!
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Default Question

Just wonding about insurance. I have it on my 4-wheelers but not on the trailer they ride on. Is this an issue? I only gave $400 for the 2 place trailer and didn't think it needed to be insured, but someone was telling me to insure the trailer and if it is in an accident, the contents of the trailer are covered (which would be the 4-wheelers). I also wonder how it works in the back of a truck, are the truck bed contents covered under the trucks policy? Has anyone experienced this? I guess it doesn't really matter, but was just wondering. We have to have insurance on the 4-wheelers due to possible theft and possible wrecks on the trail. Thanks

I'd call your agent. There are slight differences between companies and policies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast