Thread: Cali gas cans?

Default Cali gas cans?

Has anyone bought one of the new gas cans that have the "special California nozzles" on them to protect us from pouring gas in our ATVs at a reasonable rate. Im sorry but what a bunch of crap. Im not going to say anything political but why does some state get to control what everyone else does!!! Ok off my stump and now Im going to go dig up a funnel and toss that stupid nozzle as far as I possibly can!!
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

i hate them with a passion also, took me abou 20 minuted to pour 5 gallons of diesel in my truck! i now take the **** nozzel off and use a funnel and spill more on teh ground then i would have with the old fasioned can.
    Semper Fi!

Talking

Kali has the most strict rules and 37 Million consumers. Hence, when companies sell stuff they will go with the Kali regs.

Why the cans? Cuz your tax dollars funded an environmental study that claimed there were 100 TONS PER DAY of hydrocarbons being vented into the California air by gas cans.

Hang on, let's do some math... 100 tons is 200,000 pounds is 33,333 gallons of gasoline that is evaporating out of gas cans and into the air every DAY. That's 12,166,545 gallons per year. So, it takes 630,390 barrels of crude oil to make that much gasoline. That is 2.45 times more oil than the Exxon Valdez spilled that is supposedly being vented into California's atmosphere through gas cans (and ONLY gas cans) each and every year. At $2.70 per gallon, that is $32,849,670 worth of fuel per year that people are buying and letting evaporate away. Oh yeah, that clearly passes the no BS test.

Anyways... you guys must be mistaken because according to the California Air Resources Board, these new gas cans, "will not only further reduce emissions but also result in containers that are easier and better accepted by the public."

And according to a leading manufacturer, they are "cleaner, safer, faster, and environmentally friendly."

Maybe you're using them wrong. Did you read the instructions?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Joat you got a pic of one.

No, but I think this is the one they are talking about...

http://www.nospill.com/CARBcans.htm
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

None of them are faster than the older vented cans. I've tested a bunch, including the one JOAT posted. They are pretty much all the same.

You can blaim California on this for starting it, but it's now a national law on the cans. You can no longer buy replacement spouts for your old cans either
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Here ya go!

Parts for your old style cans!
    http://www.rotopax.com/conventional-...p-1-pr-87.html

Also, these cans are the best I've found. Very thick and don't leak. The 1.3 cans no longer have the old style vent shown in the pictures, it comes with a regular spout that has a built in vent on the top (looks like a figure 8 shape)
    http://www.mountainaddiction.com/trackrack.html

Another with a figure 8 shaped noozle
    http://www.trailtank.net/miscellaneo...ility-jug.html

Another good one
    http://www.craiggerbuilt.com/shop/ht...SE-SYSTEM.html

Keep your eyes peeled at garage sales also!!! Does anyone know if Canada still sells the old style cans?

them cali cans work good, i just leave the lids off them tell im ready to use the gas again..
    Semper Fi!

If anyone has any of the old style can... Ill take them. I hate the new ones. I timed putting 5 gallons in my smowmachine and it took 9:13... what a pain in the *****!
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

My buddy tried one of the new commie kalif cans and almost had to take a nap before he finished. He then went out and bought the lite blue water cans. Don't say gas on them but they have the old type spout and vent. Haven't looked lately but I guess they are still around. Freddies and Wallyworld carry them.

JOAT, the one that I bought in California last year (and hauled all the way back) looks more like this...

My wifes Uncle and I were dumbfounded when that was the only option we were given. I thanked my lucky stars that I lived in AK, and by the fall, Walmart and Freddies were lined with 'em!! I have never seen so many gas cans on the shelves that haven't sold...

I'm keeping it as a yard rig for the lawnmower and whatnot, but the supplied nozzle is far shorter than the one in the picture, and you cannot even insert it into a vehicle...L-A-M-E...

Here it is. The Blitz Enviro-Flo....it does a great job a sucking...

I fixed my cali can by pulling the plug from a water pistol and drilling a hole for it so the can will vent. I haven't got a fix for the short spout part yet.

Default Pex Tubing

Pex tubing with an I.D. just a tad smaller then the spout can be warmed in the oven to 375 degrees...the white stuff will turn clear...and then insert the offending stubbie spout in to the warm PEX...let cool...good to go.
    Natural Selection begins with you!

Default Of course....

you'll wanna do the above while smoking a stogie, standing next to a roaring fire, half drunk, with the engine running so you can speed dial John Edwards from a burn unit...hopefully before you get a chance to breed.
    Natural Selection begins with you!

Default Well thanks for the heads-up guys

I was oblivious to the pelosi-cans. I will go see what I can find that doesn't fall into this category and stockpile.

If you have the old style plastic jerry-jugs and want to keep them, keep them out of the sun light. UV is the biggest cause of premature deterioration, and they will last far longer if you keep them in a shed or covered up.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I was oblivious to the pelosi-cans. I will go see what I can find that doesn't fall into this category and stockpile.

If you have the old style plastic jerry-jugs and want to keep them, keep them out of the sun light. UV is the biggest cause of premature deterioration, and they will last far longer if you keep them in a shed or covered up.
    Good point Sayak... hopefully the half dozen I got will last me a while. Im going to go check for water jugs today.