Thread: Where to get fish processed (filet, froze, boxed) near Soldotna or Cooper Landing...

Default Where to get fish processed (filet, froze, boxed) near Soldotna or Cooper Landing...

Used a processor once in Seward after a halibut trip. Worked out great. Going to be on the Kenai in July for a week. Staying in Cooper Landing, fishing for halibut out of deep creek on first day. Fishing for reds near the Upper Kenai for two days. Then doing the tourist thing and spending a day in Seward and a day in Homer. Wanting a place between Cooper Landing and Soldotna to keep my fish, filet, freeze, and box up for my return flight. Or perhaps bring some in a box on the plane and have them mail a portion to another address. I work out of state so taking all the fish back with me on the plane is of little practicality. Curious if you guys could suggest a service like this. Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Fish Processor

Dan, a good place in soldotna called Seafood processor on the Kenai Spur Hwy. Turn right just passed Fred Meyer and it will be on your right about 1 mile. good luck fishing.

go to Custum seafood processors in soldotna it is on the kenai spur loop road. big aluminum building with a king on it, hard to miss. the best part is you can dip until 1100pm, clean your fish and take your fish there and most of the time they are still open.

Custom Seafood is the way to go. Clean, clean place and they do a wonderful job.

Kenai Cache
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Kenai Cache
    Way overpriced. Stick with Soldotna, Dan or we'll just vacpak/freeze and ship boxes home via Fedex

Smile Fish Processing

We have used all of the aformentioned processors in town and we were most pleased with the service with the Kenai Cache. Yes they are a little bit more expensive but they are right in Cooper Landing and 50 miles from the rest of the processors in Soldotna and Seward. What we like about them is they freeze on trays so the fish are frozen flat, they use better quality bags and they do a lot less fish then the big boys in town adding to the quality of the finished product. The also ship via Fedex.

Hey guys i will be working in Seward for the summer and I am originally from Minnesota. What is the easiest way to ship fish home for family and friends? How much will it cost? any info will be greatly appreciated

Mallard, you may want to start a new thread.

The cheapest way is to take boxes instead of checked luggage on a flight. Have a friend fly up for a few days of fishing, then send them home with fish boxes and ship their luggage.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery