Thread: Another bear hunting ?

Default Another bear hunting ?

I think I have it figured out but I thought I would ask. I live in Seward (unit 7) and the limit is two bears in a regulatory year. I harvested two bears in unit B last September (2009). Now, the way I have it figured is I cannot kill another bear in unit 7 Intel July 1 2010. Is this correct?

I also was wondering about baiting this spring. Can you still bait when you cannot kill a bear? I was hoping to bait bears so I can sit in a stand with my wife so she feels comfortable hunting bears (shes not comfortable hunting bears alone). The way I read the regulations is, if I put my wife on my baiting permit we will be legal. Hope all this makes since.

Cheers
    Olin

You are correct about shooting bears in unit 7 till July 1st. You could use the third tag from 09 in a 3 bear unit this spring though.

Bear baiting should be fine, I would check on it though. Since you can have 10 hunters hunt the bait though with your permision it should be fine. Co-register it with your wife, that she can haul in bait legally! Or have her register it and you co-register, not sure that it matters. Only the person registered can legally haul bait. I have my hunt partners register. I need to ask F&G about how many can co-register.

Kid,
    You can set up your site and not shoot a bear. Just like you stated, put your wife's name on your permit and you are good to go. Its always nice to have back-up and a burly man to calm the nerves.

As for hunting in Unit 7 and already taking your 2 bag limit for the regulatory year. Regs state that it is a "no closed" season. So I think you can hunt sooner than you think. Call F&G or guys correct me if I am wrong.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Sorry Kid,
    I was wrong and akrstabout is right. He is very beautiful and I am very unattractive. I can admit when I am wrong. Regulatory year meaning when the new regs come out July 1st. Sorry I think I inhaled too much estrus today... not thinking clearly.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Quote Originally Posted by baitem907 View Post
    Sorry Kid,
    I was wrong and akrstabout is right. He is very beautiful and I am very unattractive. I can admit when I am wrong. Regulatory year meaning when the new regs come out July 1st. Sorry I think I inhaled too much estrus today... not thinking clearly.

Beautiful? Come on now!

Thanks for the reply.

Happy hunting
    Olin