Thread: Bethel Outfitter Advice Needed...

Default Bethel Outfitter Advice Needed...

Looking to do a drop off hunt for bear with one of the two local outfitters there in Bethel (PapaBear & Renfro's). Just wondering if anyone on the forum has been out with them and what type of hunt/experience they had..If there is any negative comments please PM them.Thanks in advance

I have used Papa Bear for a drop off moose hunt and would not hesitate to use them again. They got us out early, called and had a meat pickup at no extra cost (they were in the area), picked us up on time, great lodge, great experience. I will use them again, just when is the question.

There is a couple threads on here by a guy who works for Renfro. He goes by nine foot. You might PM him.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Papa Bear

Go with Papa Bear, you won't be disappointed!!!

Default hey guys...

i have absolutely nothing negative to say about papa bear. but i work for renfro and i work for great outfitters period. i've worked for good and bad in the past, and i vouch for wade anytime. he's a good friend and a great boss. both companies FLY the same country, but they dont LAND the same country, i promise you. papa's limited to floats, wade has planes on floats and wheels and he's a stud on both. the guys a good guy, has great ethics, and one thing i promise you, he wont put you in a spot where he's taken a bear that year...he manages his area's the best ive seen and has done extensive survey work in his area flying for the state and feds. he knows his country knows the animals in it, and refuses to overshoot either his guided areas or his areas he's permitted to drop but not guide in (which include some absolutely insane areas for brown bear) top notch and a great pilot. renfro is currently my personal ticket to months of adventure every year, and i'd reccomend him and defend the company at any time. i kinda ride for the brand so to speak...theres some bad ones and theres quite a few good ones...he's one em, if he wasnt i wouldnt work for him.

good luck on your bear hunt, either way. there's some good ones out there.

Default Bethel

I have went with Wade Renfro 3 times and he does a great job and you will be very well taken care of. Wade and Randy(his other pilot) are both great guys and awesome pilots who will get you where you need to go. Good luck

Mel